Proposed Construction Of Mandela Modern Market In Sumbawanga Municipality
Sumbawanga Municipal Council
28th June 2019
INVITATION FOR TENDERS
1. This Invitation for Tenders follows the General Procurement Notice for this project which appeared in the PPRA tender portal on February 2019.
2. The Sumbawanga Municipal Council intends to apply for a loan from the Tanzania
Investment Bank towards the cost of Proposed Construction of Mandela Modern Market in Sumbawanga Municipality, and it iplans to apply part of the proceeds of this loan to cover eligible payments under the contract for Construction of Mandela Modern Market.
3. Sumbawanga Municipal Council now invites sealed Tenders from eligible National Civil and Building Contractors registered or capable of being registered with the Contractors Registration Board (CRB) in Class Two and above for carrying out the Construction of Mandela Modern Market in Sumbawanga Municipality.
4. Tendering will be conducted through the National Competitive Tendering procedures
specified in the Public Procurement Regulations, Government Notice No.446 of 2013 as amended in 2016 and is open to National Tenderers only as defined in the Regulations unless otherwise stated in the Tender Data Sheet.
5. Interested eligible Tenderers may obtain further information from and inspect the
Tendering Documents at the office of the Secretary of the Tender Board, Sumbawanga Municipal Council, P.O. Box 187, from 0800 to 1530 hours local time on Mondays to Fridays except on Public holidays.
6. A complete set of Tendering Documents in English and additional sets may be purchased by interested Tenderers on submission of written application to the address given above under paragraph 5 and upon payment of non-refundable fee of Tshs. 200,000.00. Payment should be either by Cash, Banker's Draft or Banker's Cheque payable to Municipal Director, P.O. Box 187, and Sumbawanga.
7. All Tenders must be accompanied by a Tender securing declaration in the format
provided in the Tendering documents unless otherwise stated in the Tender Data Sheet
8. All Tenders in one original plus two copies, properly filled in, and enclosed in plain
envelopes must be delivered to the address, The Secretary Municipal Tender Board P.O.Box 187 Sumbawanga, room number 6 third floor at or before 1000hours on Friday 28th June 2019.Tenders will be opened promptly thereafter in public and in the presence of Tenderers' representatives who choose to attend in the opening at PMU Office Room No. 04.
9. Late Tenders, portion of Tenders, electronic Tenders and Tenders not received, Tenders not opened and not read out in public at the Tender opening ceremony shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
Municipal Director, Sumbawanga Municipal Council,