Senior Grants officer -CSO Reporting
Deadline of this Job:
25 August 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 11, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Senior Grants officer -CSO Reporting
Reporting To: Senior Finance Manager
Office Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
ACHIEVE is a five-year, USAID-funded global cooperative agreement with the dual objectives of attaining and sustaining HIV epidemic control among at-risk and hard to reach pregnant and breastfeeding (PBF) women, infants, children, and youth, as well as to mitigate the impact of HIV/ AIDS and prevent HIV transmission among these populations; and supporting the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners in order to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners.
ACHIEVE is funded by USAID in Tanzania to implement a four-year activity ( October 2020 to April 2024) which aims: (1) to improve national- and community-level social welfare systems in order to sustain support for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and families affected by HIV and (2) to strengthen the capacity of local organizations to deliver OVC services and (3) to deliver high quality OVC services and DREAMS interventions for AGYW 9-14 years .
The Senior Grants officer- CSOs Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager , the Senior Grants officer -CSO Reporting coordinates a variety of financial analysis, and planning functions in the Tanzania office including subawards budgeting, review of subawards financial reports and liquidations, conducting financial reviews of subawards and generating a variety of project financial reports.
The Senior Grants Officer – CSOs reporting must collaborate with a variety of other staff to be successful including Senior Finance Manager, Senior Program Manager, Finance & Admin Director, Accounting staff, Grants, Contracts and Compliance staff, Program staff and the general accounting staff in Dar Es Salaam Office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Serves as the liaison between the Finance and the technical teams in the area of subawards management.
• Identifies and communicates CSOs project financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts, making use of HQ and Country generated reports including: Agreement specific budget to actual reports
• Reviews subawards liquidations after the Senior grants officer have reviewed the receipts and liquidations and conducts regular quality checks to assure value for money on reported expenses.
• Conducts analysis of the subawards liquidations to ensure there is value for money on utilization of project funds.
• Develops safeguards to ensure the integrity of grant administration/Management protects Pact and Donor from financial losses.
• Support the Director of Finance and Administration in Country budget management including to develop first draft of new business cost proposals and annual budget realignments under continuation awards
• Work closely with programs team and cluster officers to develop costed workplans and budgets by clusters.
• Provide CSOs financial data and analysis to Finance Director, Country Director, program managers and others to make management decisions on subawards/subgrants.
• Independently reviews project materials delivered to Pact project sites /Beneficiaries to assure value for money.
• May provide work coordination or oversight of others
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Master’s Degree in Business related field, CPA, ACCA, qualifications will be desired.
• Must be a certified and registered practicing member of an accounting body
• Advanced knowledge of use of spread sheets (Excel), PowerPoint presentation and other Microsoft packages.
• 5-7 Years’ experience with USAID funded projects. Experience in auditing is added advantage
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Excellent financial management and analytical skills
• Strong proficiency in Excel
• Excellent presentation skills- PowerPoint
• Ability to work with virtual teams
• Ability to clearly communicate financial information to non-financial colleagues
• Strategic thinker in a dynamic environment
• Project management experience
• Ability to manage multiple priorities with tight deadlines
• Prior nonprofit experience working on USG funded grants or contracts preferred
• Willingness to travel within Tanzania as necessary
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.