Jobs at:Benjamin William Mkapa Foundation (BMF)
Deadline of this Job:
01 September 2022
Date Posted: Monday, August 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Responsible for all payroll related payments for both BMF staff and Project related staff that are located in all Regions of Tanzania.
• Preparation of BMF and project staff Payroll including management of staff payroll changes and statutory deductions in collaboration with BMF HR office and program focal staff.
• Analyze payroll irelated ssues from ingternal and external beenfciaries and suggesting appropriate solutions and action plans.
• Generate periodic payroll reports as required by different levels of reviewrs.
• Periodic assessment of accuracy and ccompleteness of system reports in relation to Payroll.
• Prepare and review budget, revenue, expense, accounting entries, invoices, and other documents in relation to payroll.
• Update BMF and projects cash books and ledgers.
• Files all monthly statutory deductions and updates all receipts for payroll deduction from related statutory authorities.
• Responsible for calculation of taxes and prepare tax forms and returns based on
• URT tax laws and regulations.
• Ensures that payroll processing is in compliance with the Laws of the country and
• in compliance to donor’s regulations and allocations.
• Ensures monthly remittances of withheld salary deductions such as PAYE, Pensions, and others, to the relevant statutory bodies and other organizations and ensures the respective receipts are obtained in return.
• Ensure both BMF and project related staff receives monthly salary slips as per existing method and/or system of producing and sharing salary slips to all staff.
• Input payments in the BMF bank accounts.
• Ensures all funds received are receipted and banked on the date of receipt or following day.
• Carries out bank reconciliations for all projects and Trust plus creditors and
• debtors’ reconciliation.
• Responsible for all salaries JVs and proper allocation of payroll expenditure to respective projects.
• Ensures request for payments or internal memos have appropriate approvals before processing payments.
• Ensures the safeguard of bank cheques, cash receipts, and petty cash allocated.
• Maintains, monitors, and disburses funds from the project bank account in
• accordance with BMF’s Financial Management Guidelines.
• Supports management and maintenance of good banking relationships.
• Verifies supporting documents for accuracy and completeness before payments are initiated.
• Ensures accurate and timely processing of invoices, advances and reimbursements, cheques, online payments, and mobile payments.
• Ensures receipts and payment vouchers are properly classified an and filed.
• Ensures posting of transactions in the accounting system.
• Examine financial documents such as invoices, vouchers, and other documents such as purchase orders to ensure the completeness, accuracy, and validity of financial data.
• Provides accounting policy orientation for new staff.
• Compile and analyse financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts.
• Resolve reported accounting discrepancies on payroll and other related entries.
• Check accuracy and adequacy of documentation and compliance of procedures of all claims/requests/invoices.
• Responsible for recording and assigning costs based on approved budget in BMF
• accounting system.
• Compile backup documentation for all project related transactions and ensures completeness and appropriate review and approvals are documented.
• Attends Monthly Management Business Review Meeting
• Prepare accurately and timely Foundation’s and projects financial reports for
• assigned project(s) as required.
• Analyse and review budgets and expenditures of day-to-day activities.
• Explain billing invoices and accounting policies to staff, vendors, and clients.
• Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the Foundation’s automated financial systems.
• Provide necessary support to internal and external auditors of BMF both
• Institutional and project related reviews and audits.
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
• Certified Public Accountant – CPA (T) Added advantage
• 3 years’ experience in working on similar roles.
• Experience of working with Multi-Donor Funded projects will be an added advantage.
• Required skills and competencies:
• Financial and Accounting analytical skills
• Knowledge of financial regulatory requirements
• Good interpersonal and Communication Skills
• Computer literate – Accounting packages, Payroll software and Office applications
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
For all interested candidates send your achievement focused CV, copy of relevant academic certificates and cover letter addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Benjamin W. Mkapa Foundation, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.