Jobs at:Shugulika Africa Limited
Deadline of this Job:
24 September 2021
Date Posted: Saturday, September 11, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our Client is looking for an Accountant who will be responsible for managing and the reporting of financial information.
• Handle day-to-day Accounting functions
• Draw annual budgets in conjunction with cash flow projections.
• Manage the full spectrum of accounting and financial functions.
• Oversee monthly closing processes ensuring accurate and timely reporting.
• Monthly management accounts to include P & L, balance sheet and cash flow.
• Plan and oversee the preparation of annual budgeting and forecasting.
• Prepare annual accounts and liaise with company Auditors.
• Liaise with company Banks regarding accounts, currency transactions and credit cards. Assign to Treasurer
• Review and evaluate capital expenditure and completion of corporation tax.
• Analyze company operations to identify cost saving opportunities and areas for improvement and growth.
• Ensure the appropriateness of the key financial assumptions included in the company’s strategic plans and annual budget proposals.
• Undertake other financial analysis and reporting as requested by the top management.
• Posting and recording routine accounting transactions to the accounting software.
• Selecting correct accounts, posting, verifying, and balancing debit and credit entries.
• Maintaining records through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, compilation, coding, updating, and purging.
• Data entry and reconciliation of accounts.
• Check invoices against purchase orders, researching discrepancies, and confirming approvals.
• Prepare vouchers, invoices, and checks to maintain audit files, providing support to various audit projects.
• Manage the weekly cheque run.
• Prepare payment vouchers.
• Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services.
• Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
• Prepare batches of tax invoices/Local purchase order/Delivery notes/Common Delivery Notes.
• Preparation of monthly VAT report and online Submission to TRA.
• Preparation of monthly payroll report.
• Record of all cheques/Payment vouchers
• Keeping of all confidential documentation.
• Recording and keeping cash book.
• Maintaining EFD machine and issuance of Daily and monthly Z-reports.
• Preparations and Filing of Returns for all mandatory payments to the government(TRA) i.e PAYE (Pay as You Earn), SDL (Skill Development Levy), NSSF, City Levy, Provisional Tax payable by Installments (Corporate Tax), Workers Compensation Fund, Withholding tax filling & payment
• Any other duty assigned under the ‘Accounts’ function.
• Bachelor degree in Accounting.
• 3 years accounting experience working with Tally ERP.
• Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, to a diverse audience.
• Computer skills, including e-mail, word processing and spreadsheets.
• Ability to identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Process implementation, cash flow management, budgeting and reporting.
• Experience working in a project led business and has been exposed to phased revenues, costs and understands how to account for these.
• Excellent planning, time management skills and monitoring skills.
• Ability to work under tight schedules.
• Able to work under minimum supervision.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate interaction with the workforce.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.