Temporary Accounting and Finance Officer
Jobs at:Room to Read
Deadline of this Job:
24 March 2022
Date Posted: Monday, March 07, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Based in Dar es Salaam, The Temporary accounting and Finance Officer will assist and report to the acting Accounting and Finance Manager. The selected incumbent will be assisting in maintaining all aspects of the organization’s finances and accounting, reporting and compliances with policies and guidelines. The position will have regular interactions with all staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for maintaining field office records accurately and properly.
• Responsible for accurate payment and retirement of field staff travel advances. All payment will be approved after a copy from Intacct is attached together with compliances checklist.
• Maintaining books of accounts and accurately and regularly for country and field offices.
• Keeping and updating record of all accounts and transactions as instructed by the acting Finance manager.
• Share cash forecast input to acting finance manager.
• Tracking staff activity advances.
• Supporting all ongoing external, internal, and global audit.
• Supporting the acting finance manager and finance associate in day-to-day under-takings.
• Accounting and/Finance degree from recognized University /college.
• Familiar in accounting packages.
• Proficient in MS Excel, MS word and power point
• Working knowledge of accounting, reporting and administration.
• Detail oriented and extremely organized.
• Results oriented, commitment to quality and efficiency
• Adept at using accounting software, Excel, and other Microsoft Office applications
• Good command of written and spoken English
• Willing and able to work in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment
• Flexible attitude towards changing priorities and ability to multitask.
• Takes initiative and a team player.
• 2 years’ experience in accounting and finance preferably in an international NGO environment.
• Experience working in cross-functional, cross-cultural teams.
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take initiative.
• Effectiveness in working in a non-governmental organization that is focused on maintaining high quality work and low overhead.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://osv-rtr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/RoomToRead/job/Tanzania---Main---Dar-Es-Salaam/Temporary-Accounting-and-Finance-Officer_R-01871
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.