Senior Financial Accounting Manager
Jobs at:Plan International
Deadline of this Job:
26 May 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan has over 80 years experience and works in more than 75 countries across the world. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners.
Plan International has been working in Tanzania since 1991. Our work supports marginalised children and youth, especially adolescent girls, to grow up physically and mentally healthy and ready to shape their future. We create an enabling environment and empower girls to be active drivers of change in realising their rights. We prioritise working with partners, and ensuring all of our work is evidence based.
Finance department accounting section as one of the main co-support functions in the organisation and the aiming at ensuring Plan Tanzania Programmes are done/implemented while proper accounting of the donor’s funds are maintained with full compliance to Plan policies, donor requirements and in country laws
This role will provide the organisation with consistent internal controls, maintenance of corporate system and timely and reliable financial information and analysis that leads to effective decision making.
Dimensions of the Role
The post holder reports to the Head of Finance and is responsible for Country management, financial reporting and analysis, internal financial controls, and country finance corporate systems. The position will have 7 sub- ordinates direct reporting to the post. With Frequent intervention with other Departments and Program teams.
Key End Results and typical Responsibilities:
• Contribute in the annual budget preparation process by completing tasks which may be assigned by the Head of Finance
• Monitor budget versus expenditure for the country
• Prepare weekly and monthly consolidated country cash forecasts and submit to the Head of Finance
• Achieve minimum Financial Standards that are set related to accounting section
• Follow up on all intercompany charges to ensure they are properly authorized and passed to relevant offices timely
• Prepare a monthly financial management report for CMT decision making
• Undertake the maintenance the Corporate financial system, i.e. SAP and ensure accurate monthly exports are submitted timely.
• Review all PU/project monthly financial reports for correctness and give feedback.
• Determine the GAPs and provide training on corporate finance systems to all finance staff on the determined gaps also for new staff full training provided.
• Provide/facilitate staff training in Plan Policies and Procedures
• Provide/facilitate Community & Partner training in Financial management
• Follow up on financial AAL from GA audit and Internal Control
• Maintain the office compliance on local laws, ensuring all Plan offices and partners are compliant to the laws.
• Visit all PU and field offices to ensure they comply with Plan policies and procedures
• Visit partners and assess conformity with Plan systems
• Facilitate monthly Finance Meetings
• Advise and Coach the team of Finance Coordinators and other direct deportees.
• Ensure Plan Systems shows true and fair representation of Financial data, this includes full data Cleaning and smooth implementation of Y.O.D.A Program
• Promotes and abides by Plan policies and procedures including but not limited to: Gender equality mainstreaming, Child Protection Policy; Code of Conduct and the related mandatory reporting responsibilities.
• Review of Payment/Journal voucher packages and ensure they are in line with Plan procedures/controls before approvals by management.
• Ensure that all approved POs received from the PO point person are correctly linked in the SAP in a timely manner (to avoid delay of implementation & payments), with all grant account lines attached to the relevant GAD/FAD
• Review list of all outstanding advances, and follow-up for prompt liquidation.
• Review of monthly Bank & Receipts Reconciliations for all Plan SLE Accounts
• Ensure that all payments are effected within 3 working days after receipt of complete payment documentation
• Assure that all monthly accruals, prepayments and all other costs are duly registered in the SAP before month end closure
• Support Head of Finance to plan and implement policies and procedures that will ensure Accountants and PU managers follow up on partner advances for timely liquidation and compliance.
• Prepare accurately and timely the Year-end Schedules for Head of Finance’s review
• Ensure schedules for all balance sheet items are reviewed and dealt with as appropriate (accruals, payables and prepayments)
• Ensure payroll system is reconciled with General leger on monthly bases
• Ensure Monthly reconciliation of all Key GLS are done and signed off by Head of Finance
• Ensure depreciation is managed properly liaise with Grants Manager for proper changing of the same to various projects
• Supervise charging of staff costs and apportioned costs to various projects as per cost recovery procedure
• Any other task that may be assigned
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
• In-depth knowledge of the Finance and accounting preferably in Non profit making organisation
• A degree in Accounting or equivalent qualification
• Have CPA/ ACCA, CPAT will be an added advantage
• 5 years’ experience in a similar role in an NGO environment
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills appropriate to the audience
• Proficient Computer skills and use of relevant accounting packages
• Ability to work under harsh condition
• Ability to work under multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
• Good English language skills(oral /written
• Hardworking with capacity to work independently with minimum supervision
• Honest, integrity, open and transparent personality.
• Team player
• Working towards achieving a team goal
• Be able to Respect all groups of people in the community and culturally sensitive
• Persuasive and able to work with different cultural settings
• Motivated, energetic and strives to develop and support others
• Result oriented
• Working for the best interest of the organisation and children
• Appreciate of child rights and gender
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants please visit: https://jobs.plan-international.org/job/Dar-es-Salaam-Senior-Financial-Accounting-Manager/674137501/
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.