Senior Finance Officer
Jobs at:The Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania (ELCT)
Deadline of this Job:
28 January 2022
Date Posted: Monday, January 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Overall support of financial management of the Project, including office operations, ensures compliance with relevant donor guidelines. Activities along with support for audit, budget, and year end preparation. This position will respond to general department inquiries, provide administrative and accounting support, and coordinate designated projects designed to strengthen the finance and accounting functions
• Coordinate and maintain records of all fiscal documents with appropriate support materials
• Update and maintain organization files including but not limited to audit, tax, legal, contracting, and regulatory documents
• Oversee and manage daily program-wide accounting and finance functions including timely recording of transactions, fund management, banking, payroll, inventory, receivables, and payables.
• Assist with documenting finance and account processes to be included in the Finance Manual
• Ensure the financial data entries in accounting systems with high level of accuracy.
• Prepare monthly financial accounting reports according to monthly financial cycle
• Check and verify supporting documents, including coding, authorization level, validity, and sufficiency
• Prepare payroll for Head Office staff and provide relevant data to Finance Manager
• Follow-up on project budget and extract reports from Finance Systems for senior management on demand. Provide Analysis for budget follow-up sheets to budget holder
• Overseeing the year-end procedure, and ensure that all financial returns are completed accurately and to the required timescale.
• Prepare monthly standard accounting submissions to Finance Manager, including general ledger files, account reconciliations, expenditures by cost center/project, as well as other financial information in a timely and accurate manner.
• Prepare financial reports, for review by the Finance Manager, to donors in line with donor requirements and templates.
• Assist in developing annual fiscal year budgets together with the Finance and Administration Manager
• Coordinate during internal and external audit
• Bachelor degree accounting and Finance or equivalent in accounting or finance is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
• Minimum of four years of progressive financial management experience is required
• Professional qualification in accountancy such as ACCA or Certified Public Accountant Minimum three years of experience from an international NGO is required; international NGO field office experience is preferred.
• ELCT is seeking for experienced, self-motivated, highly competent individuals with exemplary ethical conduct to join the Anticipated OVC Next Generation program
• Dependable: Applicant must be dependable and can be relied on to uphold his/her responsibilities without having to be micromanaged
• Good Communicator: Must have superior communications skills. Need to understand the message and deliver it clearly to the target audience
• Productive: The project demands productivity from its participants,
• Qualification: All applicants must meet the minimum requirements stipulated in each position
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Email your application letter and resume with names of current three references and their contact information before the Application Deadline.
Applications should be sent by email only to the addresses below and should note the position title in the Subject Line:
The 3 Referees: These must include your current employer (if employed), your peer or immediate supervisor, and A same rank colleague or subordinate who can make a honest recommendation or reference for you.
All application should be sent to:
Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania
P.O. Box 3033
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.