Deadline of this Job:
09 February 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The role holder will be responsible for ensuring that financial accounts are prepared in a timely manner and that there is financial integrity of the statutory accounts. The role will report to the Chief Finance Officer
• Prepare statutory accounts and ensure compliance to IFRS’s
• Production of statutory accounts, balance sheet reconciliations, P&L
• Management of the Fixed Assets Register
• Implement financial controls as required and monitor risks to financial controls
• Supervise the credit control unit
• Coordination of internal audit in liaison with the Internal Audit department and assist in external and regulatory audits
• Manage accounts reconciliation and sign offs in coordination with other departments
• Supervise the Accounts Assistants
• Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
Key Performance Measures
• Expense ratio (% of NEP)
• Compliance to legal, regulatory and operational requirements
• Review monthly bank reconciliations and signoff
• Reconciliation of all GL accounts
• Turnaround time for claims & commission payments
• Timely submissions of monthly reports
Accountable to the Chief Finance Officer
Directly responsible for staff working under this position
Required to liaise and work closely with the other business department staffs as may be necessary
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
• Bachelor of Accounting and Finance or its equivalent degree.
• Fully qualified Accountant (CPA (T) or ACCA)
• 6 years’ experience in a similar position, two of which must have been in a supervisory position
• Leading and Supervising: Provides team with a clear direction based on the overall strategy and objectives of the department; motivates and empowers others with a clear sense of purpose; creates a positive climate that fosters learning and development; acknowledge high potential talent within the team; sets and articulates the vision and values through own personal behaviour.
• Persuading and Influencing: Gains clear agreement and commitment from other; promotes the departmental strategy and objectives during team conversations; promotes ideas on behalf of the team and or department; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage the team’s impression and brand on others.
• Presenting and Communicating Information: Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback; projects credibility.
• Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; encourages team and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment.
• Analysing: Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
• Planning and Organising: Sets clearly defined team objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors team performance against deadlines and milestones.
• Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://britam.taleo.net/careersection/ke/jobdetail.ftl?job=2100007T&tz=GMT%2B03%3A00&tzname=Africa%2FNairobi
The deadline for submitting the application is 09 February 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.