Risk and Compliance Officer (Credit Risk)
Jobs at:VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Ltd (VFT MFB)
Deadline of this Job:
Date Posted: Monday, August 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Risk and Compliance Officer (Credit Risk) main responsibilities are to review and ensure that the credit risk is minimized and the bank is able to recover from any losses that might occur. Additional duties involve performing credit risk analysis and conducting independent loans review to ensure loans are adequately underwritten, properly graded, appropriately priced, and conform to the bank’s policy. The reviews and analysis performed will help the bank manage the risk in the loan portfolio by ensuring compliance with Bank and regulatory requirements, as well as following up on trends identified so appropriate controls can be developed and implemented at VFT MFB.
• Monitor the bank’s credit risk and trigger timely portfolio reviews to find out the root cause of the emerging credit risks and Communicate weaknesses identified to the credit underwritings
• Ongoing monitoring of the credit quality of the portfolio (portfolio review and early detection of deteriorating credits) by highlighting early warning signs of credit deterioration and advising the turnaround strategy.
• Perform a comprehensive review of sampled new loans and modifications to identify any credit weaknesses, policy or regulatory violations, servicing deficiencies, or trends.
• Prepare early warning and checks for adequacy and appropriateness of the information used in the evaluation of the customer Credit applications.
• Identify, analyze and report to the management the credit risk trend with corrective actions required
• Ensure that sound credit risk measurement and monitoring tools are developed and implemented in a standardized manner
• Preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly credit risk analysis reports by different categories such as loan size, client sector, product, Branch, and Loan Officer and trigger portfolio reviews.
• A bachelor’s degree in Banking and Finance, Accounting, Microfinance, Economics, Business Administration, Finance, or any related field.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in credit review, credit analysis, or in a business lending-related position.
• A Certification in Risk Management Experience
• Excellent understanding of credit risk management systems
• Excellent financial analysis skills especially financial ratio analysis to determine credit worthiness.
• An understanding of the functions of and the implementation of Credit Bureau strategies.
• Knowledge of current banking laws and regulations required loan documentation and bank lending policies
Special / Personal Abilities
• Achieving quality results & service. Practicing accountability & integrity. Communicating information effectively.
• Thinking clearly, deeply and broadly. Understanding the Microfinance Industry. Understanding Vision Fund mission and operations.
• Demonstrating Christian values in life and work. Learning for growth and development. Maintaining work/life balance and effectiveness.
• Building collaborative relationships. Practicing gender and cultural diversity. Influencing individuals and groups.
About our working environment & remuneration.
• VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank has a calm and harmonious working environment where staffs are highly valued. Good work is recognized and rewarded accordingly and there is an opportunity to grow professionally and spiritually.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their application letter, attaching copies of their academic and professional certificates; detailed CV’s with three referees to vftHRstaff@vftz.co.tz
• The position should be the subject of the email application. OR through the postal address below.
The Chief Executive Officer,
VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Limited
P.O. Box 1546, Arusha TANZANIA
The application should reach the undersigned not later than 09^th
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.