Procurement and Subcontracts Manager for Tanzania MUM Activity
Jobs at:Tetra Tech ARD
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, June 08 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, May 27 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Practice area(s): Water
Location(s): Iringa, Tanzania
Duration: Contract Employee
Hire Type(s): In-Country Applicant
Experience: 1-5 Years
The USAID funded Maji na Usafi wa Mazingira (MUM) project in Tanzania, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development, is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Procurement and Subcontracts Manager. This position will be located in the main office in Iringa.
Position Description/Summary: The Tanzania Maji na Usafi wa Mazingira Activity (MUM) is a five-year (August 2021 – July 2026) $25 million activity funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Mission to Tanzania. The purpose of the activity is to expand and sustain the provision and governance of WASH services by (1) increasing access to sustainable water services; (2) increasing access to finance for water, sanitation, and hygiene; (3) strengthening the market for sanitation products and services; and (4) strengthening basin water boards and water user associations for stewardship of water resources. Tetra Tech is the prime contractor with three subcontractors, FSG, WISE Futures, and IRIS Group.
• *Thoroughly familiarize oneself with detailed Home-Office-Approved systems and procedures for management of local subcontracts, including preparation of subcontract templates and other compliance-related documents related to the solicitation, including setting priorities for the on-time completion of these contracts;
• *Coordinate with DCOP Operations and Director of Administration and Finance to strategize on implementing these systems;
• *Responsible for implementing all delegated contracts and procurement-related duties to ensure timely delivery of contracts and procurement support services to the program;
• *Provide strategic management and oversight of the contracts and procurement portfolio for Tanzania MUM;
• *Assist in improving a Contracts and Procurement processing system in the Tanzania MUM area of responsibility that will support ongoing compliant systems such as: Document retention, hard copy and electronic filing systems; Approval chain (Home Office, COP / DCOP, USAID); RFPs and Advertising, Bid Submittals and Openings, Source Evaluations; Provides training to Tanzania MUM staff in the areas of local subcontracting and procurement, USAID, and Tetra Tech contracting and procurement requirements and regulations;
• *Participate in technical and pricing evaluation review panels, prepare the evaluation summary report for execution by panel members, review and recommend approval of subcontracts, participate in contract negotiations, draft the subcontract, and supervise the administration and monitoring of subcontracts;
• *Draft contract agreements and other compliance-related documents as needed, ensuring that all documents are in compliance with USAID regulations, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) requirements, and Tetra Tech home office procedures;
• *Work closely with Tanzania MUM technical and finance staff to make sure technical and financial attachments to all agreements are clear, concise and complete in order to ensure effective and efficient subcontract development;
• *In coordination with the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist, ensure that contractors are providing required M&E data to program teams and the M&E unit;
• *Manage RFP and bid analysis process for subcontracts; and
• *Extract reports from database and write USAID-required reports, as required.
• *Thoroughly familiarize oneself with detailed systems and procedures for management of procurement of goods and services for the Tanzania MUM program;
• *Write tender documents and participate in bid analysis processes in compliance with procedures and regulations;
• *Draft purchase orders and other compliance-related documents; and
• *Ensure that all local project procurement complies with Tetra Tech home office procedures and USAID regulations.
• Bachelors degree in administration, or similar field and a minimum 3 years relevant work experience with 5 years preferred. Without a Bachelors must have 8 years relevant work experience;
• Experience working in a similar position for an NGO or an international organization is preferred;
• *Must have willingness to travel to Tetra Tech Tanzania field offices on Tetra Tech business;
• *Must also have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours;
• *Excellent Language proficiency in spoken and written English and Swahili;
• *Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen, and respect for colleagues; and
• *Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team. Must also be able to create a supportive working relationship among all project teams.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
• Cover Letter
• CV in reverse chronological format
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded and submit only the requested documentation as part of your application. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation with your application process, contact our Global Talent Operations team.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and Qualified, Click here to Apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.