Jobs at:Tanzania Early Childhood Development Network (TECDEN)
Deadline of this Job:
17 November 2021
Date Posted: Monday, November 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Network Accountant will be responsible for both financial and office administrative needs of TECDEN. Working from the TECDEN Country Office in Dodoma, this role will ensure sound, transparent and accountable management of the project and wider Network finances to the required high standards. Additionally, the position is responsible for efficient support of Network staff administration, and wider Network logistics and operational administration. The position reports to the Executive Director.
• Lead the set-up of TECDEN Network finance management function, ensure adherence to organizational policy, practice and procedures, as well as donor conditions for respective project finance reporting including close collaboration with partner finance management team;
• Manage the TECDEN Network accounts and prepare periodic management reports including those of Mtoto Kwanza project;
• Lead responsibility for ensuring that the Mtoto Kwanza project Network of Local CSOs effectively administer and report on project
• Ensure TECDEN Network operations including Administration and Human Resources duties adhere to a high standard of compliance of TECDEN policies and procedures as well as those of donors where applicable;
• Lead the set-up of TECDEN Network finance management function, ensure adherence to organizational policy, practice and procedures, as well as donor conditions for respective project finance reporting including close collaboration with partner finance management team
• Support to develop, maintain and monitor systems of internal control which help safeguard the Network and projects resources in adherence with the policy, practice and procedures.
• Provide input to developing and consolidating Network and projects budgets, ensuring ongoing implementation and monitoring
• Review expenses and financial transactions to ensure they are in line with eligibility and are compliant with the organization financial policy as well as donor procedures and terms of the agreement;
• Manage procurement processes as per donor and organizational procedures including sourcing quotations and ensuring value for money principle adherence.
• Maintain proper books of account for the Network ensuring that finance transactions are properly captured, recorded and filed in a timely and efficient
• Develop, maintain, and enhance Network and projects finance reporting structures for internal and external requirements, ensuring timely, accurate, and relevant
• Ensure that the Network`s finances are accountably managed in due consideration of Government of Tanzania policy and regulation regarding taxation and other
• Build the finance capacity of non-finances Network staff to manage Network and project finances and safeguard Network assets to high standards of transparency and Ensure induction training for all Network staff on matters associated with finance and compliance, and periodic refresher trainings.
• Manage internal and external auditing processes of the Network
• Collaborate closely with Children in Crossfire partner finance management team on finances management of the
• Report to the Executive Director on a monthly basis or more often if required on all aspects of your work including the Key Performance Objectives outlined in your annual
• Manage the TECDEN Network accounts and prepare periodic management reports including those of Mtoto Kwanza project
• Process all financial transactions, ensuring appropriate levels of bank and cash balances to enable Network and projects
• Prepare Network and projects monthly management accounts, perform cash and bank reconciliations, and ensure that relevant ledgers are maintained in line with Network
• Manage petty cash and ensure proper use, timely replenishment and
• Prepare and submit monthly bank and petty cash reconciliations
• Extract Network and projects financial reports on monthly basis or more often as required and facilitate Network and projects management discussion on budget
• Double-check the accuracy of information to discover weaknesses or missing data and strive for strict compliance and high-quality performance;
• Recommend necessary ideas based on the review findings to improve quality of Lead responsibility for ensuring that the Mtoto Kwanza project Network of Local CSOs effectively administer and report on project finances
• Responsible for managing Local CSOs finances, building their finance capacity where required and deemed appropriate, ensuring timely disbursement of funds, review of Local CSOs finance reports, and value for money principle adherence.
• Working with the Project Manager, follow up with Local Civil Society to ensure finance reports are submitted within set
• Ensure TECDEN Network operations including Administration and Human Resources duties adhere to a high standard of compliance of TECDEN policies and procedures as well as those of donors where applicable
• Carry out all necessary administrative duties in relation to the Network Country Office as
• Provide lead administrative support in ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements by the Registrar’s Office and ensure statutory compliance in terms of NGO registration and legal status, and filing of statutory
• Maintenance of Network`s Office asset register, and general oversight of sound use and maintenance of office assets to ensure compliance with Network and donor financial procedures and terms of the Perform quarterly physical asset and inventory verifications.
• Support managing general Network office contractual
• Provide finance, administrative and logistical support to the Network and project staff teams during large event Ensure Mobile payments for events and workshop are planned properly for cash flow purpose and during the events documentation are collected and verified for timely payments.
• Ensure implementation of HR practices in the Network Country Office and across the TECDEN staff team in accordance with Network policies.
• Oversee and ensure administration of compliance considerations for the Network staff, including payroll management and ensure statutory compliance in terms of labour
• Ensure Network staff personnel files are maintained with due confidentiality, including advising the Executive Director on any contractual
• Undertake any other duties to support the operations of the Network as and when
• Master’s degree and 3 years of experience or Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience or equivalent combination of education and Certified Professional Accountant Qualification will be an added advantage.
• Demonstrable experience of finance management in an NGO setting including diverse donor requirements and standards for finance management and
• Demonstrable experience of coordinating or providing lead support to external audit processes;
• Demonstrable experience of providing finance management supportive supervision and capacity-building support to local civil society organizations.
• Familiarity with the accountabilities and donor conditions for project funding, preferably across a range of
• Proven skills in MS Office and finance-specific software. QuickBooks experience will be an added advantage.
• Ability to function independently and carry out routine responsibilities with minimal
• Ability to monitor progress of a project against milestones or
• Ability to work to deadlines, priorities and take
• Committed to the aims and values of TECDEN, and work as part of the
• Fluent in written and spoken Swahili and
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.