Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Mtwara
Jobs at:Focus Africa Inc
Deadline of this Job:
27 November 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The M&E Officer will be responsible for designing and overseeing all monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities, including ensuring full compliance with donor requirements, lead the program team in defining outcome indicators, developing data collection tools and methodologies, and conduct program assessments and evaluation activities in Dar
The post holder will ensure the M&E component is well integrated at the program’s planning stages and regularly monitor project activities to ensure the desired impact.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Facilitate, design, and conduct data collection and monitoring exercises on a regular basis to support the monitoring, evaluation and reporting of Focus Africa programs using primary or secondary data sources, including undertaking regular field visits.
• Undertake and facilitate the implementation of the M&E plan, regularly revising and updating performance questions, indicators, methods, and formats.
• Coordinate and ensure the quality of baseline, mid-term, and end-term surveys for all projects.
• Develop data quality assurance processes to ensure validity, timeliness, proper analysis and reporting of all data collected through Focus Africa toll-free line.
• Develop and keep track of a Focus Africa database to ensure proper documentation of the long-term results of Focus Africa program interventions.
• Ensure the programme’s planning tools, including work plans and log frames, are accurate during proposal development.
• Promote a results-based approach to M&E, emphasizing results and impacts.
• Lead, prepare and support the programme team in producing consolidated quarterly and annual progress reports in accordance with approved deadlines and reporting formats.
• Monitor development and implementation of program activities included in the annual work plan, focusing on results, impacts, documenting success stories and lesson learning.
• Conduct regular monitoring & evaluations of Funds for Africa implementing partners, including Community Based Organizations CBOs), paralegals and service providers’ performance and delivery.
• Identify problems with the M&E system and modify the system as necessary.
• Ensure that staff are receiving adequate support to be able to implement their M&E functions.
• Create a knowledge management strategy and framework.
• Organize and provide refresher training in M&E for staff.
• Any other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Information Sciences, Project Management, Research, Statistics or related disciplines.
• Must have a minimum of one year of experience in a monitoring and evaluation role, preferably in the NGO sector.
• Demonstrable experience using various quantitative methodologies for data analysis, including analyses using statistical tools such as Ms. Excel, Google Sheets, SPSS, or STAT.
• Proven experience in performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, and developing M&E and/performance monitoring plans.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Swahili.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send an application letter and detailed CV to
The Human Resource Director, Focus Africa , E-mail: monitoring@focusafrica .org by 27th November 2021.
Only email applicati
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.