Internal Audit and Risk Director
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, May 12 2023
Date Posted: Monday, May 01 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose of Role
The scope of the role is to provide independent assurance to the Board Audit and Risk Committee of EABL on the quality and effectiveness of the Entity’s internal controls, risk management, and governance policies, frameworks, systems, and processes, and their application.
• Accountable for developing the group’s audit framework/charter and policy guidelines including the procedures that will be guiding the audit team to execute audit activities following the approved framework.
• Accountable for developing the Group’s Annual Audit work plan based on a risk-based methodology with input from Management and the BARC. The work plan will be presented to the BARC annually for approval.
• Ensure audit standards are applied for written work programs and working papers and that sufficient competent documentation is obtained to evidence audit work performed and conclusions drawn.
• Give overall supervision of the work of audit staff to ensure timely implementation of the approved audit plan and ensure maintenance of high-quality standard of audit work.
• Conduct special tasks, including coordination of fraud investigations.
• Establish standards of performance of audit staff and assess to ensure performance meets standards and targets.
• Inform the EABL CEO and the BARC of audit activities and any material audit findings through routinely scheduled reports and meetings.
• Maintain regular communication with the Board and regulators on all matters of governance and/or compliance.
Qualifications and Experience Required
Being a member of CPA (K) is mandatory for this role. Therefore, having a CPA(K) or close to attaining this with either ACCA or applicable qualification is required.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience at the Executive or managerial level in Internal audit, External audit, or Risk Management/Governance environment.
• Design of risk-based Internal Audit programs
• Experience in risk appraisal and management techniques
• Experience international organizations with overseas offices
• Excellent communication and reporting skills (verbal and in writing)
• Planning & analytical skills
• Negotiating and influencing skills
• Proactive, cooperative, and supportive team player
• Proven ability to persuade, influence and build credibility across the functions.
• Ability to work autonomously and engage cross-functionally.
• Commercially aware and articulate
• Analytical and logical
• Ability to manage projects, prioritize and work to deadlines.
• Flexible and able to adapt readily to a changing environment.
• Excellent Microsoft Excel and Financial Modelling skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.