Intern - Finance (17917)
Jobs at:Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
Deadline of this Job:
06 February 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Requisition ID 17917 - Posted 01/21/2022 - Tanzania
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. GGML undertakes to offer internship opportunities to fresh Tanzanian graduates of various disciplines, to take place at Geita Gold Mine, Geita Tanzania, with the aim of “Enhancing Graduates Employability in Tanzania”. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven graduates to take part in the company internship programme as described below:
GGML INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) has been a strong supporter to the government initiatives to enhance graduates’ employability in Tanzania, having implemented internships and other graduate programmes for several years. GGML is contributing towards skills development in Tanzania by providing graduates with opportunities to gain work experience in various skills areas. The internship Programme provides an opportunity to unemployed graduates to gain meaningful work experience that will complement their studies and provide them with experience that could help them gain access to the labour market. The internship is for fixed term (12 months) and there is no guarantee of any offer of employment by the company on expiry of the internship period. At the minimum, GGML Internship Programme shall be undertaken in accordance with the “National Internship Guidelines” as published by the Prime Minister’s Office, Labor, Youth, Employment and Disability in September 2017.
INTERN POST(S) AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Intern - Finance (1 post)
To qualify for the internship post(s), one MUST:
• Be a Tanzanian citizen.
• Be an unemployed Tanzanian graduate aged between 18 – 30 years.
• Have completed a B. Com / BBA major in accounting and / or Finance
• Have a minimum GPA of 3.8.
• Have graduated between 2019 and 2021. The candidate must possess a valid degree certificate. • Transcripts only or provisional results will not be accepted.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking: https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?_s.crb=GsaTmAe2ktVVylouePgcnLv2s5HNriMRhR8d8F%252boRkc%253d
On the portal you will be required to upload the following documents:
• Your updated Resume (2 pages only and in PDF format). On the portal use the field named ‘Resume’ to upload the resume
• Scanned copies of university Degree Certificate and your full Degree Transcript (provisional results will not be accepted).
• Please combine certificate and transcript and upload as one PDF document, don’t upload separately. On the portal use the field named ‘Cover Letter’ to upload the certificates.
• Please do not attach any other document not requested here.
• Please only apply if you qualify for this post.
• Applications not adhering to above instructions shall not be considered.
• Applications submitted via email, by post, by hand or by any means other than online application via links provided shall not be considered.
• You will be required to present original certificates, CVs and transcripts if you are contacted for interviews
DURATION AND ALLOWANCE
The internship programme is implemented for twelve (12) months period only and there is no guarantee of any offer of employment by the company on expiry of the internship period.
GGML shall provide a taxable monthly internship allowance to cover for incidental costs associated with the internship programme.
• Closing date for applications is the 6th February 2022.
• Successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
• Interviews will most probably take place online; candidates are encouraged to plan for a good bandwidth connectivity in case they are contacted for interviews.
• Applicants who will not be contacted by Geita Gold Mining Ltd representative by 28th February 2022 can regard their applications as unsuccessful.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
Please note when you are invited for face-to-face interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 - hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.