Jobs at:Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Deadline of this Job:
29 April 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
“Sometimes in life there is that moment when it’s possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments.”
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) began supporting HIV and AIDS programming in Tanzania in 2003 and established a country office in 2004. Ever since, in close collaboration and partnership with the Ministry of Health Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children and Presidents Office Regional Administration and Local Government, EGPAF expanded scope to supporting quality comprehensive and integrated HIV, GBV, TB and Family planning services in the supported regions. Recently, EGPAF in collaboration with consortium partners Amref Health Tanzania, Engender Health, D-tree International and Matchboxology won the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)/Tanzania’s Comprehensive Client Centered Health Program – HIV and Tuberculosis Northern (CH3P-HIV&TB) Activity contract. Under C3HP, EGPAF offers USAID a responsive and forward-thinking approach that will address the evolving needs of the people of Tanzania as they relate to HIV in 5 regions (Arusha, Kilimanjaro, Manyara, Dodoma and Singida), tuberculosis (TB) in 6 regions (Arusha, Kilimanjaro, Manyara, Dodoma and Singida and Tabora), and family planning (FP) in 3 regions (Arusha, Dodoma and Manyara) services across each continuum.
Job title: Grants Officer
Primary manager: Senior Finance and Administration Manager
Job Grade: 5
Location: Kilimanjaro and Manyara.
Grants Officer in the provision of contract and sub-contract support to EGPAF Tanzania’s program and ensures compliance with the terms and conditions of the Foundation’s awards, applicable EGPAF and US Federal Government audit, cost and administrative principles and regulations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Compliance review, monitoring and support
• Participate in developing compliance review plans with project grant coordinator and ensure they are properly implemented.
• Facilitation and execution of compliance review at least twice a year for each partner as per Grants under contract management plan.
• Facilitation and execution of risk assessment on annually basis to and pre award assessment to new partners.
• Advise the technical leader on any potential risk within the respective portfolio.
• Tracking and ensuring all outstanding compliance findings are addressed and resolved in a timely manner as per grant under contract management plan.
• To provide updated property register of all assets and inventories within the portfolio to technical leader during the compliance review visit.
• Advice technical leader on the audit requirement for all sub grantee under the respective portfolio on annually basis as per USG rules and regulations by filling out audit questionnaire.
• To ensure sustainable technical relationship between EGPAF and the Grants under contract recipient.
• Monitor Grants under contract recipient performance to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of Grants.
• Provides on-going assistance to Grants under contract recipients to administer their agreements compliant with all terms and conditions.
• Manages the Grants under contract close out process.
Documentation and Communication
• Tracking and documenting all relevant and necessarily information using the documentation guideline.
• To always keep files updated in both as a hard copies and electronically in the country sharing drivers and in the CGIS.
• The Grant officer will be responsible to proactively and professionally communicate with colleague and partners on the information ready to be shared.
• To facilitate documentation of the Grants under contract in hands of the recipients under the respective portfolio
• To communicate and document any conversation and/or written information to a supervisor, colleagues, and partners.
• To provide a weekly updates and plan as per monitoring and support tracker.
Cash Flow Management
• To facilitate that all Grants under contract recipients in the portfolio has cash in hand to implement activities all the time of the project life
• Submit all cash requests for each Grants under contract recipients on a monthly basis and in a timely manner as per SOP.
• To monitor Grants under contract recipient’s expenses on monthly basis by providing financial analysis and BVA on monthly basis on every 10th the month.
• Advise the technical leader on the cash flow risk within the portfolio.
• To track all wire transfer made to the Grants under contract recipients and collect all receipts and file accordingly.
• To realistically and accurately facilitate projection of the cash for Grants under contract recipient under your portfolio on quarterly basis as per SOP.
• Ensure each Grants under contract recipient has an active contract at all times by monitoring and tracking all modification requirement
• Ensure Grants under contract recipient adhere to contractual and donor regulations at all times through capacity facilitation plan.
• Facilitate in Pre-Award assessment process and ensures organizations have the capacity to appropriately manage a Grants under contract.
• To provide a technical justification of selection and cost analysis of the proposed Grants under contract.
• Works closely with contractual, financial and technical staff and provides guidance as necessary on Grants under contract requirements.
• To advise on the need for modification of any Grants under contract on your portfolio
• Addresses problems or concerns with management of Grants under contract in a timely and effective manner.
• Advise on the proper funding mechanism of the respective portfolio
• To facilitate technical assistance in trainings on USG, Grants under contract, EGPAF, and donor regulations and financial management to recipients including, but not limited to – Startup Training, Initial Training, Orientation of Grants under contract recipients, Renewal Workshops, and Annual Trainings.
• Providing technical assistance to GUC recipient key personnel on the daily administrative and financial procedures.
• To proactively build your portfolio capacity by provide onsite training on need basis.
• To at least orient and learn critically at least two key policies of A&C and share with your colleagues
• To continually learn new development in the project management and Grants under contract management.
• To work as a team player with the colleagues and demonstrate positive altitude and readiness to offer support upon need.
• To continually advise on tools, SO, Checklist, policies and ideas to support continuous learning and improvement.
• To plan and report all quarterly activities with the project office plan with the administrative supervisor.
• To provide support to other Grant officers, supervisors and other colleagues as advised by supervisor.
• Minimum of two years’ experience in US Federal funded grants/contracts administration and management.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field required.
• Project management experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Prior experience in business management or financial administration federally-funded programs.
• Data management experince
• Prior experience with international non-profit organizations preferred.
• Excellent communications skills (oral and written), including editing and proofreading.
• Proficient computer/software skills, including command of Word and Excel.
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently, assess priorities and manage a variety of activities with attention to detail.
• Ability to interact professionally with staff, applicants, and sub recipients.
• Willingness to travel in Tanzania and throughout the region.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Submissions to be sent to the below Link:Or viaClosing Date: April 29th 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant certificates explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.