Financial Inclusion Advisor
Deadline of this Job:
30 May 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Financial Inclusion Advisor will serve as a technical contributor to access to finance development in program design and execution. The Financial Inclusion Advisor’s activities will have a strong focus in nurturing our CMGs (Community Microfinance Groups also known as VSLA/VICOBA) while promoting and enhancing access to finance for rural and urban agriculture value chains, consulting and providing financial advice to a broad range of micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) within the themes of business support services, market development, microfinance, and digitalisation. The Financial Inclusion Advisor will be based in Arusha with frequent travel to our implementation areas, work closely with the Micro-finance advisor, Senior Entrepreneurship, Market Systems Development advisors, and report to the Regional Knowledge Manager.
The primary responsibilities of Financial Inclusion Advisor are:
• Developing, implementing, and enhancing inclusive CMG and MSME related methodologies and tools for selected and newly formed groups in conjunction with our partners in all our programs.
• Coach CMG and MSME trainers and audit the evolution of CMGs and MSMEs through monitoring visits, collecting, analysing, and evaluating information for inclusive proactive action and broader learning.
• Structure digital record keeping, and upload of CMG and MSME related data on management information systems, to ensure availability of more accurate and up-to date data, to enable informed decision making.
• Gathering, merging, analysing, visualising, and using financial data from CMGs and SMEs to advise our programs, prepare high-quality reports and proposals for our stakeholders and donors.
• Working with staff and leaders of our partner organisations on financial analysis for CMGs and MSMEs in our entrepreneurship training programmes.
• Working with our partners to strengthen their finance capacity in business development services, value network development, industry analysis and access to finance linkages for their growth-oriented entrepreneur members.
• Prepare/present timely and accurate MSME and CMG progress reports and factsheets.
• Contributing to Trias’; inclusive access to finance strategy development around business development and market systems development in our programs.
• Assuring that individuals and businesses especially for youth, women, and underprivileged) have access to useful and affordable financial products and services that meet their needs and are delivered in a responsible and sustainable way.
• Tutoring developing budgets, monitoring transactions, and preparing financial reports.
• Contributing to strategy development around entrepreneurship and market systems development.
We are looking for a candidate that ideally:
• Is Tanzanian.
• Has an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in a relevant field such as business, accounting, finance, or economics.
• Has excellent English speaking, writing and presentation skills and speaks Kiswahili fluently.
• Brings a great working relationship with private sector players relevant in this kind of programming.
• Has proven training, facilitation, and coaching skills from working with finance institutions and/or MSMEs.
• Has experience in developing business-related training programs/methodologies.
• Is dynamic, honest, curious, and self-motivated with a keen interest in entrepreneurship ecosystem strengthening approach, financial systems development, and digitization.
• Knowledge and experience in business finance and management and working with CMG groups will be an added advantage.
• Demonstrates flexibility, enthusiasm, and a willingness to learn and to be continually adaptive within a dynamic and often self-directed working environment, is service-minded, takes initiative, can work independently but also, loves teamwork.
• Has great interpersonal skills, strong work ethics and an impeccable integrity track-record.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet all the requirements, please send your CV (max. 2 pages) and motivation letter (1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline of May 30th, 2022. At this stage, there is no need to send references or diplomas, etc. The selection process will include an oral interview and a written test.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.