Financial Accountant Officer (Immediately)
Jobs at:Caliber First Group Limited
Deadline of this Job:
05 July 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, July 01, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
JOB TITLE: JOB ADVERT- Financial Accountant Officer (Immediately)
JOB LOCATION: Dar Es Salaam Tanzania
Company Name: Caliber First Group Limited (CFGL)
Caliber First Group Limited (CFGL) seeks a Financial Accountant Officer. S/he will play a key role in finance and accountants management and ensure that staff and management receive high quality, professional and responsive services. S/he will also implement financial accounting management policies, procedures and systems and ensure compliance with corporate and project standards as well as maintain oversight of day-to-day financial accounting activities. The position will be located in Dar es Salaam.
• Manage all financial and accounting management activities for the program including bank account and petty cash reconciliations; accounts payable; sourcing and contracting of suppliers; review and verification of invoices; data entry into accounting systems; fund transfers; and bank, EFT, cheque and cash payments.
• Establish and manage systems for cash and EFT payments to staff including per diems, accommodation/travel allowances, expense claims and petty cash.
• Assist with strategic financial management activities including annual budget development, financial planning and cash flowing, and financial reporting.
• Complies with Tanzanian tax filing requirements by studying regulations; adhering to requirements; advising management on required actions; calculating quarterly estimated tax payments; assembling data for quarterly and annual tax filings.
• Keep informed about Tanzanian taxation laws and work with senior colleagues to ensure all areas are tax compliant.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the sub brands team and manage the provision of high quality and responsive services.
• Provide expert guidance in the costing of personnel, activities and operations.
• Organize and maintain comprehensive financial accounting files and ensure all recording is compliant with audit, corporate and client requirements.
• Develop effective and professional working relationships with key CFG staff in the Dar es Salaam and Kisarawe offices to ensure financial management approaches comply with Tanzanian laws and company requirements.
• Work closely with the Assistant CEO to establish and implement the program payroll system for national staff; ensure all salary payments are accurate and timely.
• Preparing the year-end accounts and statutory accounts, also conducting internal audits in a quarterly basis.
• Tax reporting and inventory processing
• Accomplishes finance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Support senior management to establish and implement policies and procedures for fraud control, anti-corruption and anti-bribery.
Qualifications and experience:
• Must have a Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance or similar qualifications.
• CPA holder will be an added advantage.
• Tertiary qualifications in financial management, accounting or equivalent discipline related to the roles and functions of the position.
• Two to Five years’ experience with financial accounting officer of large, complex organizations.
• Demonstrated high-level experience in the implementation of financial accounting management systems including the ability to operate accounting software, cash books, cash transfers, (cash, cheques, internet banking, contracts).
• Demonstrated sound experience and solid practical understanding of VAT, WHT, income tax, and other taxes.
• Demonstrated record of paying attention to detail and an impeccable record of working with senior positions of trust with responsibility for financial affairs and cash handling.
• Demonstrated high-level teamwork abilities and an ability to work with teams in environment.
• Fluent and highly developed verbal and written communication skills in English and Swahili.
• Prior experience with Audit is desirable.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applications must include:
1. Curriculum vitae/resume.
2. Name and contact details (phone and email) of three referees.
Send your applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.