Finance and Administration Officer
Deadline of this Job:
12 February 2022
Date Posted: Friday, January 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About Palladium - Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world's most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people's lives.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion - We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Safeguarding - We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Project Overview and Role:
Under the USAID-sponsored Data for Impact (D4I) project, Palladium is executing a site level monitoring and health data collection activity in Tanzania. The overall goal of the activity is to improve clinical care, patient safety and health care operations. This will be accomplished by periodic quality assessments (QA) of USAID supported health sites with recommendations for actions to improve quality (QI).
Palladium is currently recruiting a Finance and Administration Officer to work for the USAID-funded D4I project. This person will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania with some travel expected. This full-time position will assist the project with activities related to finance and administration and logistics. The position will support the D4I activity and report to the Tanzania Director of Finance and Administration.
• Assist with event planning and other activities. This includes venue, accommodation, transport, and per diem arrangements for participants
• Work closely with Tanzania Director of Finance and Administration to implement monthly payroll accurately and on time, keep accurate and updated records and conducts regular reviews of staffing financial information
• Process and coordinate monthly statutory deductions for payroll
• Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data
• Maintain complete, accurate and timely financial records; prepare and submit monthly financial reports as directed by Project Director /Tanzania Director of Finance and Administration in timely manner; appropriately file paper and electronic copies of all supporting documents
• Maintain financial, procurement, and attendance records for all meetings and workshops
• Complete weekly cashbooks to be reviewed by Tanzania Director of Finance and Administration
• Maintain the project’s Asset Register
• Coordinate with local vendors to obtain quotations, coordinate invoicing, and process payments for all service providers
• Prepare procurement documents and ensure procurement is done as per corporately defined processes, and Donor’s rules and regulations
• Assist with the development of activity budgets for related project activities
• Assist with the preparation of training materials and meeting documents (printing, binding, organizing/filing, and meeting minutes)
• Ensure timely payments to staff, consultants, and vendors
• Prepare cost-share reports
• Ensure field vouchers are prepared timely and accurately, supporting documents are in place, and all transactions are coded in accordance of chart of accounts and project charge code(s)
• Negotiate, administer, and assure compliance with agreements to include but not limited to: Contracts, Purchase Orders and Task Orders
• Provide logistics, coordination, and travel support to project staff
• Co-ordinate recruitment of local long-term staff, as well as short-term national consultants. This includes preparing advertisements, initial filtering of CVs, further short-listing, assessments, obtaining references, carrying out competency based interviews, preparing the interview panel, compiling interview results, and providing feedback to candidates
• Perform any other responsibilities as may be directed
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience in broader finance and administration management with an international organization, including HR, finance, IT, and logistics
• Familiarity with USAID funded projects and/or experience working on an international development project
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications
• Keen attention to detail
• Excellent financial and analytical skills
• Proven problem identification and resolution experience with budgeting, forecasting, banking, tax authorities, foreign currency transactions, and other related issues
• Strong English (written and oral) communication skills
• High level of computer literacy
• Local candidates only-no relocation expenses provided
• Ability to travel locally within Tanzania
• Must be legally authorized to work in Tanzania
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://palladium.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/2/requisition/12830/application?c=palladium&jobboardid=0
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.