Jobs at:Norwegian Refugee Council
Deadline of this Job:
25 July 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Finance Officer
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at area level.
• Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements.
• Prepare and submit reports and analysis.
• Ensure proper filing of all support documents.
• Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings.
• Supervision and capacity building of staff under supervision.
• Ensure that the accounting, monitoring and reporting are according to procedures.
• Support project staff in financial matters.
• Maintain budget control and monitor cash flow for the area.
• Ensure timely payment of staff salaries, incentives, contractors, suppliers and other expenditures
• Ensure that country Operations adhere to global and local Financial Handbook, NRC policies, donor and auditor requirements.
• Training of line managers and staff with financial responsibilities.
• Prepare Budgets and financial reports to donors.
• Verify PR/PO/BAS and vouchers and supporting documents meet NRC standards before payment.
• Participate on procurement committee meeting and make sure procurement are made in line with NRC guideline.
• Ensure timely payment of staff salaries, contractors, suppliers and other expenditures.
• Review and Post financial data in Agresso on daily basis.
• Ensure all taxes, pension & other statutory deductions are payable on monthly bases. They should be accurate and submitted timely to governing authority.
• Monitor budgets regularly and inform/advice the Area /Support Manager on the status of spending
• Ensure proper filing of support documents.
• Support in preparation of Annual and donor Audit.
• Support Area /Support Manager and project staff in financial matters.
• Support in the implementation of the anti-corruption policy.
• Minimum BA in accounting plus CPA certificate with four years’ experience working as a Finance Officer or above in a humanitarian/recovery context preferable INGO. At least two years of experience in supervising staff.
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
• Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Strict attention to policy and practice detail.
• Very strong financial analysis skills.
• High integrity.
• Good knowledge of financial reporting systems in donor funded work specifically UNHCR.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Good cultural awareness and sensitivity.
• Ability to function independently and as a work team leader/facilitator.
• Excellent computer skills with hands on experience on computerized accounting systems; and Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Financial software Agresso preferable.
• Handling insecure environment.
• Planning and delivering results.
• Empowering and building trust.
• Communicating with impact and respect.
• Planning and delivering results.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Duty station: Kibondo, Tanzania
Duration and type of contract: 5 months with possibility of extension
The deadline for submitting the application is 25 July 2021.
Click Here To Apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.