Jobs at:Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Deadline of this Job:
09 April 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
The purpose of the Finance Manager is to be responsible that the financial set up is according to NRC standard and to support programme/project implementation. .
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Ensure that adequate financial management routines and systems are in place, and that NRC’s accounting practices and standards are adhered to, timely and in accordance with quality and policy requirements from NRC, donors, auditors and authorities.
• Maintain overall budget control and monitor cash flows and expenditures.
• Provide up-to-date analysis and required reports of the financial situation in the projects and the programme to the Country Director, the Programme Managers, Project Coordinators and the headquarters (HQ) in Oslo.
• Ensure that appropriate control mechanisms are in place across the country programme and that financial risk is minimized
• Contribute to the development of strategic and operational plans, and be accountable for ensuring and monitoring delivery against the financial plans
• In collaboration with other Managers, regularly review and develop operational finance tools
• Enable appropriate operational decisions to be made on the grounds of sound and solid financial analysis
• Plan for annual closure of the accounts and responsible for coordinating audits in the country
• Be the main driving force for NRC’s transparency and anti-corruption work within the country programme
• Ensure statutory financial obligations including remittance of taxes are met in a timely manner
• Provide up-to-date analysis and required reports of the financial situation in the projects and the overall programme
• Build strong and effective relationships with the logistics/procurement and HR/admin staff in all offices to enable a good flow of information
• Establish and oversee a safe, robust and easily retrievable financial documentation and filing system for both hard and soft copies
• Reconcile accounts with NRC HQ in Oslo on agreed dates.
• Coordinate and conduct the internal, external and project/donor audits.
• Monitor, visit and capacity build the NRC partners for reports and monitoring of the reports
• Conduct training in financial management, monitoring and maintain a supervisory role for the Finance staff.
• Develop capacity of the Area Office finance teams to ensure that they meet NRC’s finance and grants management operating standards.
• Conduct training in budget design, financial management and monitoring procedures for all relevant national and international NRC personnel.
• Regularly, review performance of staff under line management (conduct work/Development Plan meeting, mid-term review, end-term review and provide regular feedback)
• Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior Financial Manager in a humanitarian or development organizations.
• Relevant university degree, preferably business administration/financial management OR other relevant educational background combined with relevant professional experience.
• Solid experience of work with windows based computer software and modern accounting systems. Knowledge of Agresso is an advantage.
• Proven ability to analyze and present complex financial information in a succinct and compelling manner to non-finance colleagues
• Knowledge and skills in cash-based interventions and financial service provider assessments
• Proven skills and experience in report writing
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and mentoring with the ability to challenge existing mindsets
• Experience of establishing and managing strong audit and control frameworks
• Knowledge of UN system and experience with field level coordination with UN organizations
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal
• Managing performance and development
• Empowering and building trust
• Managing resources to optimize results
• Handling insecure environments
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants please visit: https://ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1001/requisitions/job/982/?location=Tanzania%252C+United+Republic+of&locationId=300000000311161&locationLevel=country
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.