Finance & Administration Officer
Jobs at:RTI International
Deadline of this Job:
16 August 2021
Date Posted: Monday, August 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Act to End Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) | East is a five-year project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) that helps national NTD control programs for the control and elimination of five targeted NTDs: lymphatic filariasis, onchocerciasis, schistosomiasis, soil-transmitted helminths, and trachoma. RTI seeks a Finance & Administration Officer who will support the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOH)’s national neglected tropical disease (NTD) control program to ensure financial and administrative management in Tanzania under the USAID-funded Act to End NTDs | East program. They will oversee annual budget and work plan development for the national program and assist in financial reporting. The Finance & Admin Officer be supervised by the Act East Finance and Grants Manager and will also work under the direction of the National NTD Program Manager.
The successful candidate will have robust knowledge of accounting systems, the ability to multi-task, and work well with others. This individual must be able to collaborate respectfully with multiple team members from diverse backgrounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Under the guidance of the National NTD coordinator, take a lead in development of the National NTD annual budget & work plan
• Take a lead in facilitating development of district specific work plans and budgets during the annual review/planning meetings.
• Prepare monthly financial forecast and reports for the National NTD secretariat and forward them to RTI NTD program manager
• Make sure that the National NTD secretariat expenditures are in line with USAID and RTI rules and regulations
• Make sure that the National NTD control program team submits field reports and areas that need actions are communicated to respective persons/organs
• Updates the National NTD control program coordinator on both administrative and financial matters related to the program
• Facilitate general accounting functions of the NTD country office
• Facilitate development and monitoring of the program strategic plan, in forecasts future targets and resource need.
• Provide technical input to ensure that districts council comprehensive plans (CCHP) and MTEF at the district level includes NTD activities.
• Maintenance of office equipment, buildings and functioning of administrative support services including periodic maintenance of office equipment and assets, preparations of service contracts and agreements for consultancies, procurement of general supplies and assets, participate in the staff performance appraisal and job performance evaluation
• Other duties which will be assigned by the National NTD coordinator
• Domestic travel may be required.
Minimum Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance/Commerce and minimum 4 years of working experience in accounting and/or financial field.
• Experience of working in an international NGO and projects funded by USAID is preferable.
Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
• Excellent knowledge of accounting systems e.g., QuickBooks
• Ability to multi-task & work well with others.
• Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing
• Ability to work independently
• Attention to detail and accuracy
Physical and mental demands of this role include those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, as outlined above. Examples include: remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time; operating a computer and other office machinery; thinking, learning, and concentrating effectively and frequently communicating with other people, both within RTI and outside of RTI; frequently moving about inside and travel between offices and laboratories; frequently conducting laboratory site inspections (if applicable), ability to handle the stress associated in meeting frequent, multiple and tight deadlines, ability to work in excess of 40 hours per week as workload and deadlines may require, ability to have regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://rtiint.referrals.selectminds.com/international/jobs/finance-administration-officer-6152
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.