Director of Finance and Administration
Jobs at:FHI 361
Deadline of this Job:
30 September 2022
Date Posted: Friday, September 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Provides in-country leadership for the program budget, financial reporting, compliance, and administrative operations of the project. Oversees the activities of the program finance and accounting staff. Conducts continual analysis and reporting to ensure the financial health of the program and correct usage of funds. Develops and manages internal financial audits.
• Oversees the development of financial, administrative, human resources (HR) and operations management systems and processes required to support activity implementation, ensuring compliance with USAID rules and regulations, agreement/contract requirements, FHI 360 policies, and host government laws
• Manages implementation of financial, administrative, and HR policies and procedures that meet activity needs and USAID and FHI 360’s requirements
• Oversees procurement efforts for the activity including tenders, calls for proposal selection and negotiation with vendors, and management of subcontractors in compliance with USAID rules and regulations, agreement/contract requirements, and FHI 360’s policies
• Develops and manages institutional subcontracts and grants under contracts with assistance from the FHI 360 home office support team
• As a member of the senior management team, plays a central role in decision making related to the project, providing succinct and timely information to the senior management team across all administrative, finance, and HR activities
• Plays a lead role in budget and planning systems across all elements of the project. Ensures that the budget and audit projections, expenditure, tracking, and reporting are in accordance with USAID and FHI 360’s policies and procedures for compliance and audits, as well as compliance with Tanzanian law
• Creates and maintains financial reporting and tracking systems and provides financial performance updates on activities.
• Develops and guides the finance and administrative team on annual work planning, and ensure submission of quality operational plans, budgets, and reports
• Oversees HR management functions including recruitment, hiring, transition, and termination, benefits administration, performance appraisal, and ongoing performance management
• Master’s degree and at least twelve (12) years of progressively senior experience in business administration, finance, accounting, management, or relevant field is required
• At least 6 years managing a finance department is required
• Excellent financial management skills and knowledge of latest project management tools and computer applications such as Microsoft Office and QuickBooks
• Comfortable with cloud-based database tools, like SharePoint, Google Drive and Dropbox
• Knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, and financial reporting required
• Prior experience with procurement compliance and managing grants under contract
• Ability to advise teams on new approaches that sustain or improve project delivery
• Ability to sustain timeliness of program delivery amidst adaptations from changing operational demands and client feedback
• Strong analytical and computer skills, with emphasis on budgeting and financial analysis
• Prior work experience at non-profit organization (NGO)
• Experience in Tanzania highly preferred
• Excellent spoken and written communication and presentation skills, with fluency in English
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.