Deputy Chief Of Party- Programes
Deadline of this Job:
16 March 2022
Date Posted: Monday, February 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The DCOP will support the Chief of Party to lead the development of high-quality and practical project implementation plans that meet the technical expectations of the project theory of change. They will lead and mentor a team of technical advisors as well as represent the project in steering committees, technical working groups, etc. The DCOP will identify and resolve challenges and promote ongoing learning and quality improvements throughout the life of the project.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
• Oversee the coordinated planning (of activities and budgets) and implementation of the project in line with state-of-the art strategies, technical standards, adaptive management approaches, and CARE priorities and program principles.
• Serve as a member of the program’s Senior Management Team (SMT) to define strategic orientations, develop team-based work processes, and ensure timely achievement of performance targets through good stewardship of project resources and effective feedback between monitoring and decision making.
• Build and manage strong working relationships with all partners, to ensure the implementation plan is applied consistently and with a high degree of quality.
• Facilitate the resolution of technical challenges amongst partners and foster a healthy partnership team.
• Collaborate with a variety of external technical supporters/partners to integrate their expertise with relevant project components.
• Ensure efficient use of project resources, adherence to USAID and CARE standards and compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
• Facilitate detailed implementation plans for CARE’s operational areas and work closely with project partners to ensure the completeness and adequacy of partners’ implementation plans.
• Support financial management of program activities, in coordination with the Operations Team.
• Build and sustain close partnerships with key project stakeholders, including Government of Tanzania officials, local authorities, USAID senior management, and others. Represent the project and CARE at high-level external project meetings.
• Support technical capacity building of local partner organizations.
• In collaboration with the Chief of Party, ensure the adequacy of planning, monitoring, and reporting and competence for the effective scale up of program interventions to meet established programmatic and financial targets and timeframes.
• Master’s degree in economic development, youth development, political science, international relations, public administration, business, or a related area, with 8+ years of relevant experience or, a bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of experience.
• Deep technical experience in youth-focused economic development, empowerment, health, or education programming utilizing Positive Youth Development principles.
• 5+ years’ experience working in a management capacity on USAID development projects and knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
• Demonstrated commitment to principles of Gender Equity and Diversity, as evidenced in previous management positions and programming. Strong understanding of gender dynamics in Tanzania or similar context.
• Experience with programming that integrates gender equality and women’s empowerment, youth empowerment, life skill building and youth networks.
• Demonstrated ability to be collaborative, creative, and innovative.
• Proven leadership skills and demonstrated experience recruiting, developing, and managing local and international staff and consultants.
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners.
• Experience working in the region is strongly preferred.
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
• Ability to travel to project areas as required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.