Jobs at:The Aga khan University
Deadline of this Job:
27 March 2022
Date Posted: Monday, March 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to the Senior Manager-Finance, the incumbent will be responsible for looking after accounting and finance functions for AKU-Tanzania and will assist Manager-Finance and Entity Heads in decision making by providing the necessary financial data and reports. This position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Financial Management & Control
• Monitor and manage fixed assets, inventory, treasury functions and inter-entity transactions.
• Supervise monthly payroll for timely payment to staff, ensure all deductions for loans and advances are made, statutory deductions are done properly and paid in time to the TRA, NSSF, WCF and others.
• File VAT returns, duty, and other exemptions with relevant authorities on daily basis and
• Supervise timely and accurate closing of monthly/annual accounts and supervise grant audits.
• Liaise with external and internal auditors for annual and periodic audits.
• Preparation of Financial statements as per International Accounting Standards and other management templates/reports.
Planning, budgeting, and reporting
• Prepare annual budgets and 5 years/15 years rolling budgets for all AKU-TZ entities (IED, PGME, SONAM and FAS) in consultation with Entity Heads.
• Prepare feasibility/costing studies required for services/ programmes.
• Monthly, quarterly, annual reporting of all AKU-TZ entities (monthly financial performance, funding requests, newsletters, AKDN reports).
• Prepare grant budgets in consultation with project leads / entity heads.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
• CPA or ACCA or CMA
• 5+ years of experience in a large organization (100+ employees) with exposure to financial planning, reporting, analysis, grant budgets and day to day accounting functions. Having supervisory skills/ experience of managing a team of 5-10 people will be a definite advantage.
• Having knowledge of IFRS and their application.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Job application procedure
If you meet the requirements of this position, please send your application package which should include an application letter, an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 27th March, 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.