Deadline of this Job:
04 October 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
NELICO is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges.
NELICO is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
NELICO fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the jobs. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Adolescents and Children HIV Incidence Reduction, Empowerment, and Virus Elimination (ACHIEVE) is a five-year global effort to reach and sustain HIV epidemic control among pregnant and breastfeeding women, adolescents, infants, and children. The project is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by a Pact led consortium of top global HIV/AIDS partners, including Jhpiego, Palladium, No Means No Worldwide, and WI– HER. These core partners are supported by a network of global and local strategic resource partners. ACHIEVE focuses on priority PEPFAR countries across Africa and the Caribbean. The ACHIEVE consortium works with USAID Missions, national governments, and existing response partners to identify gaps in HIV prevention and treatment programming among target populations. Using best practices and expertise along with innovations, the project is addressing critical gaps to meet country-specific epidemic control goals.
ACHIEVE is a USAID’s flagship initiative to address the needs of children, young people, and breast-feeding women affected by HIV. This includes supporting local organizations in serving these populations and ultimately building their capability to receive direct U.S. government funding for programs at scale. The project leverages the full strength of its consortia and related private and public sector stakeholders to support countries attain and sustain HIV epidemic control.
In Tanzania, starting in October 2021, ACHIEVE expects to receive funding from USAID to support the Government of Tanzania (Got) to achieve its aim of controlling the HIV epidemic,
with a particular focus on programs targeting orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and adolescent girls and young women, through the DREAMS (Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored and Safe) program, in 54 councils across 15 regions in Tanzania. Additionally ACHIEVE Tanzania aim to strengthen local organizations and the national- and community- level social welfare systems, structures, and workforce to support and sustain OVC to access HIV-inclusive services that support their health and well-being.
ACHIEVE Tanzania program has three Strategic Objectives:
• To strengthen the capacity of the national and community-level social welfare workforce, systems, and structures to ensure quality services for OVC, at-risk AGYW, and people living with HIV (PLHIV).
• To build capacity of local organizations to manage and implement USAID/PEPFAR awards as prime implementing ACHIEVE Tanzania Project will support the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners.
• To deliver high quality OVC services and DREAMS interventions for AGYW 9-14
• Percentage of HIV-positive OVC (required) and caregivers (optional) on ART, active or graduated, who are served by an OVC comprehensive program who are virally suppressed (1000 copies/ml) (OVC_VLS)
• Percent of OVC households which sustain or increase their economic well-being, as measured by the Family and Child Asset Assessment
• Number of female participants in WORTH Yetu groups designed to increase access
We have Vacancies for the following positions.
Assistant Accountant (1 Position)
Title: Assistant Accountant (1 Position)
Reporting to: Project Accountant Line Manage: None
Locations: NELICO Council Level Office
We have an immediate requirement for motivated, and professional Assistant Accountant. Reporting to the Project Accountant, you will assist the project Finance team with regards to financial reporting and you will be responsible for all accounting data capturing and filling. Accountant responsibilities include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements.
Ultimately, you will provide us with accurate quantitative information on financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our programs, while ensuring we’re compliant with all tax regulations.
• Process and settle invoices on the system, including reconciliation of Accounts Payable and review of reconciliations prepared by Assistant
• Update cash book daily, post transactions on the system, payments and receipts, and reconcile
• Prepare and review the petty cash analysis for posting and ensure expenses are correctly
• Prepare payments and send for approval, and ensure that the correct amounts are being paid to the
• Prepare and process journal entries on the
• A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in the field of Accounting/ Finance or
• Working experience in the mining or manufacturing industry preferable.
• Self-organization skills and good time management
• Effective communication skills, both English and Swahili would be an
• Ability to work autonomously, use initiative and be
• Ability to adhere to deadlines and a pragmatic approach to
• Excel knowledge (intermediate level) 2 years’ working experience as an Accountant in a donor funded
• Experience with general ledger
• Experience in working with PEPFAR funded
NELICO is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
NELICO has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the NELICO, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. NELICO also adheres to strict child safeguarding Policy. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.