Deadline of this Job:
13 October 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, October 07, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Purpose and Key responsibilities
The role holder will be responsible for reconciliation of clients’ accounts and ensure queries from intermediaries are promptly responded.
• Cash flow management – Daily monitoring of customer accounts and ensure adherence to cash before cover policy, handle the collection of premiums and find the resolution of account queries.
• Customer retention and loyalty- Timely payment of commission
• Verification of premium payment before processing claim- No claim file not confirmed within 24 hours.
• Allocating daily receipts to all customer accounts
• Providing accounts information to internal departments
• Intermediaries reconciliation- No unreconciled balances more than 30 days Send monthly reconcile statement to intermediaries,
• Lease with underwriters daily on funds received with no debit for timely postings.
• Support all strategic initiatives that are in place which focus on premium collection and credit control issues for head office as well as for all the branches
• Ensure all customers and direct clients /Agency queries are responded immediately. Ensure all commission reports are reconciled and paid by 5th of every month, Ensure all outstanding statement are sent by 10th of every month.
• Regional cooperation, expansion & other assignments:- Ensure all regional queries on credit control issues are responded immediately and all reports required from receivables are prepared on time
• Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
Key Performance Measures
• Debtors ratio
• TAT for commission payment
• TAT for allocation of receipts
• TAT for reconciliation of intermediary balances
• Responsible to Senior Accountant – Credit Control
• Required to liaise and work closely with claims, underwriting & sales departments
• Brokers, Agents, Banks and direct customers
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
• Bachelor degree (Accounting and Business related options preferred)
• Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements
• Knowledge of Britam products
• Learning and Researching: Rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly; demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information; gathers comprehensive information to support decision making at management level; learns from successes and failures and seeks colleague and customer feedback.
• Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
• Applying Expertise and Technology: Applies specialist and technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
• Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; exhibits high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains own quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
• Following Instructions and Procedures: Follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates commitment to the organisation; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
• Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; accepts diversity; display individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organisational values during every day interactions.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://britam.taleo.net/careersection/ke/jobdetail.ftl?job=2100006X&tz=GMT%2B03%3A00&tzname=Africa%2FNairobi
The deadline for submitting the application is 13 October 2021.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.