Jobs at:Good Neighbors
Deadline of this Job:
15 February 2022
Date Posted: Friday, February 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was granted General Consultative Status from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. In Tanzania it was officially established on 2005 and our efforts work towards creating environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership and ownership.
Good Neighbors Tanzania is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following role;
Position: Accounts Officer
Reports to: Assistant Finance Manager, Finance Manager
Location: Dar es Salaam
Contract Duration: 1 Year contract
We are looking for a detail-oriented Account Officer to assist in our finance department. The responsibilities of an Accounts Officer include keeping financial records up-to-date, checking for inaccuracies, and handling queries on general accounts. He/she should have knowledge of basic accounting procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. He/she should be able to achieve outstanding service and maintain accurate financial records.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform bank reconciliation for all bank accounts managed by HO and NFO and ensuring proper submission on due dates
• Maintains on weekly basis an accurate filing and record keeping system for all financial document in HO and NFO
• Writing Bank Payment Voucher, Bank Income Voucher and transfer letters for all approved BRQ and remittance on daily basis
• Provide regular and timely report on progress missing documentation by real time Status for HO and NFO
• Ensure financial controls GNTZ financial, accounting and administrative policies and Manual
• Required to achieve 70% of individual and department annual targets.
• Any other related duties as may be assigned.
Qualification, experiences and competencies
• Bachelor degree in accounting or related field
• Minimum of two years’ experience in finance, accounting or related field.
• Experience in working with NGO
• Excellent communication skills
• An excellent written and oral command of English and Swahili
• Honesty, integrity, transparency and professionalism
• Ability to multi-task, time management and adaptability to transitions
• Ability to follow instructions and work with minimum supervision
• Analytical skills
• Solid knowledge and understanding of accounting procedures, finance management and related information.
• Proficiency in QuickBooks, MS Office applications, Ms. word, Excel and Powerpoint.
• Perform other duties as may be required
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• All applications should be sent with enclosed cover letter (addressed to Human Resource Division P.O. Box 33104 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania), detailed curriculum vitae containing complete names and addresses (postal, email, phone), together with names and contact details of three referees to: E-mail: email@example.com.
• Deadline for application is not later than 15th February, 2022.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and emails.
• Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport or/and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.