Jobs at:Tanzania Mentors Action (TMA)
Deadline of this Job:
22 February 2022
Date Posted: Monday, February 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Tanzania Mentors Action (TMA) is the local non-governmental organizations (NGO’s) registered under the Ministry of Health Community Development, Gender Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) with registration number ooNGO/R2/000156. TMA goal is to improve community life through strengthening service delivery systems. Our interventions are streamlined in five major thematic areas of health, education, environment, agriculture, and cooperatives. TMA works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health Community Development, Gender Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC), President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG), donor’s agencies (USAID, UKAID, World Bank, etc.), civil society, community based and faith-based organization, academic institutions and others. Currently, TMA is providing Mentoring to both public and private sector on the improvements of its systems for better provision of service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities of An Accountant
• Assist in development, management, and monitoring of project budgets.
• Preparation of accurate financial reports, and projection of funding needs.
• Record expenditures, income, and any other related transactions, in the books of accounts
• Prepare payment vouchers and corresponding checks.
• Prepare payroll and other regular payments with due consideration to deductions (for advances, loans, taxes, etc.).
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations statement.
• Assists in the implementation of the internal control system and financial procedures manual of TMA.
Qualifications and Skills of An Accountant
• At least a Bachelor in Accounting, Finance and any other equivalent field from a reputable institution.
• CPA candidate will have an added advantage
• At least three years experience working as an Accountant.
• Knowledge and Experience in donor funded projects and requirements
• Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Hands-on experience with accounting software like FreshBooks and QuickBooks, Tally ERP9, VoteBook.
• Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision and maximum effectiveness. Ability to meet deadlines
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.