Jobs at:Research Triangle Institute (RTI)
Deadline of this Job:
11 January 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 28, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Accountant position is responsible for ensuring appropriate systems and procedures (payroll, cash management, vendor payments, budgeting, and other related expenditures) are followed to properly disburse, account, budget and report project funds which are cost effective, timely, have proper internal controls and comply with the terms of the agreement.
• Support the project’s Finance Manager oversee the project’s finance and accounting functions;
• Accounting/keep track of expenses and other financial transactions, mainly involving expense entry, tracking, and record keeping;
• Prepare and submit monthly expense reports to the RTI home office;
• Review expenses and financial transactions to ensure compliance with RTI procedures and terms of the agreement;
• Maintain inventory tracking system and perform periodic reviews to ensure compliance with USAID and RTI procedures and terms of the agreement;
• Reconcile cash accounts for field offices;
• Perform the cash management functions required in maintaining RTI bank accounts;
• Manage petty cash accounts;
• Follow up with field offices to make sure that bi/weekly expense reporting is submitted within the deadline;
• Review and submit monthly bank reconciliations;
• Double-check the accuracy of information to discover weaknesses or missing data and strive for strict compliance and high quality performance;
• Recommend necessary ideas based on the review findings to improve quality of reporting;
• Perform other tasks as assigned by his/her supervisors.
Minimum Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree and 3 years of experience or bachelor’s degree and five years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to answer most inquiries and questions independently and follow up on requests in an efficient manner.
• Preferred experience and knowledge of USAID accounting policies and procedures.
• Ability to understand and interpret policies and procedures as well as the ability to apply them with consistency in a variety of circumstances.
• Ability to function independently and carry out routine responsibilities with minimal supervision.
• Must be proficient in MS Excel and working knowledge of accounting software is preferable. Accpac proficiency would be a plus.
• Must be able to communicate in both Kiswahili and English (written and oral).
• Ability to work well in team environment and train others in financial reporting.
• Ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position.
• High level of integrity and impeccable record in previous accounting positions.
• Ability to monitor progress of a project against milestones or deadlines.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.