Jobs at:Nelson Mandela African Institution of science and technology (NM-AIST)
Deadline of this Job:
05 August 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Nelson Mandela African Institution of science and technology (NM-AIST) invites applications from suitably skilled, competent, and experienced Tanzanians for the post of Accountant under the Centre for Research, Agricultural advancement, Teaching Excellence and Sustainability in Food and Nutritional Security (CREATES). The Centre for Research, Agricultural advancement, Teaching Excellence and Sustainability in Food and Nutritional Security (CREATES) is hosted by the Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology (NM-AIST) in Arusha, Tanzania. The Centre is funded by the World Bank under its Eastern and Southern Africa Centres of Excellence (ACE II) Project. The ACE II project development objective is to strengthen twenty-four selected Eastern and Southern Africa higher education institutions to deliver high quality post-graduate education and build collaborative research capacity in the regional priority areas. The NM-AIST invite suitably qualified Tanzanians below the age of 45 years to apply to the Accountant position:-
Accountant (1 POST):
Qualifications, Knowledge and Essential Attributes:-
• Holder of Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Advanced Diploma in Accounting or equivalent qualification from an accredited institution;
• Plus CPA (T)/ ACCA/ACA or equivalent Professional qualifications recognized by the NBAA;
• Experience of at least 3 years in Accounting related discipline;
• Excellence in computer skills in Excel & EPICOR, VOTEBOOK, MUSE, DFUND and QUICK BOOK software;
• Experience in managing donor funds;
• Working knowledge of Sponsorship and Grants operations, finance services and practices is an added advantage;
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and public;
• Good Analytical skills necessary and
• For this position project management skills are desirable.
• To administer and manage all financial aspects of project including: preparation and control of the budget, documentation of all receipts and payments, assets and liabilities and safe custody of security documents; and preparation of financial statements and reports;
• Facilitate preparation, review and submission of the annual operation plan/ budget of grants projects in line with donor requirements;
• Review and advice on all proposal budgets preparation with respect to compliance issues for all the funding sources;
• Budgetary Management and Monitoring – Analysis of spending against budgets for all Grant Project and addressing variances, Monitoring of budgets and pipeline for grants and advising Project management accordingly;
• Audit Performance – Coordination of all Grants audits i.e. (Internal audit, external audit, Donor Audits), ensure that responses to audit reports are done as per policy, that all previous years audit recommendations are implemented timely and that Project attains acceptable audit results across all Grants;
• Ensure mechanisms are in place for review of all Grants payment documents to ensure proper expense allocation to grants. In addition work closely with Procurement Unit team to ensure that special grant requirements are met in the procurement process as detailed in the financial and disbursement Manual;
• Conduct joint meeting with Programs staff for updating on financial and operation matters;
• Maintain effective communication with project management and other stakeholders on all Grants Financial Issues including continuous follow ups on Budget commitments;
• Coordinate grants management trainings for finance and non –staff and
• Coordination with other grant Finance staff to ensure that accurate grants reports are prepared and sent to the CREATES project manager on a timely basis.
Duration of the contract:
Full time two years contract, with a probation period of six months. The position is renewable subject to satisfactory performance. Maximum duration is two (2) years but this may be extended subject to availability of funding.
Salary: Basic Monthly Salary USD 1167
Duty Station: CREATES at the Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology [NM-AIST], Tengeru-Arusha, Tanzania.
Reporting to: Centre Leader / Deputy Centre Leader/Centre Manager
Qualified candidates possessing the above qualifications and traits are advised to submit their applications including the following:
• A cover letter in which you describe your abilities and motivation;
• Most recent Curriculum Vitae;
• Photocopies of relevant certificates and academic transcripts;
• Contact details: Telephone, E-mail and Postal Address;
• Individuals currently employed in the Public Service should route their applications through their employers.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Deadline for application is 5th August, 2021. Recruitment will be as soon as possible.
Applications should be sent by either e-mail or via post address and should be
Deputy Vice Chancellor-Planning, Finance and Administration,
The Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology,
P.O. Box 447,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted through their addresses/emails/phones.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.