Accountant – Support Application
Jobs at:Ministry of Finance and Planning
Deadline of this Job:
08 October 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Accountant – Support Application
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To support preparation and submission of quality financial reports by all GF funded programme;
• To support application to the Integrated Financial Management Information System (IFMIS)-EPICOR SYSTEM;
• To communicate between GFCU – MoH and all Implementing partners regarding all financial matters;
• To ensure that all relevant financial management documentation is shared among all Grant Implementing partners;
• To work with all program Accountants to design and implement standard reporting templates for use by all GF implementers, that is ensure timely, efficient reporting of all financial matters for each grant implementing partners;
• To write feedback reports to Grant Implementing partners and external agencies on all financial reports submitted to or through MOFP;
• To attend to all Grant ad hoc activities as directed by the Commissioner of External Finance;
• To support preparation of quarterly progress reports to all Grant implementers;
• To ensure sound financial management in implementing programmes using grant financial resources and compliance with policies and procedures of the Global Fund;
• To support preparation of Progress Update and Disbursements Request (PUDR) (semi-annually);
• To support preparation of Grant Forecast (quarterly);
• To support preparation of Cash balance reports (quarterly);
• To support preparation of Tax Reports (annually);
• To support preparation of Financial Statements for External Audit (annually);
• To support preparation of Fixed Asset Register for External Audit (annually);
• To support preparation of Report on status of Grant covenants, management actions and audit recommendations (Internal and external) (semi-annually);
• To support preparation of Grant Budget Revisions (at least annually);
• To support preparation of Adhoc reports as required by grant implementation.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree either in Accounting, Finance or equivalent qualification, with the registration under the National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA) as a Certified Public Accountant or equivalent. Minimum of 3 – 5 years of work experience in an Accounting Department/unit in a reputable organization. Having MSc. Finance will be an added advantage.
• He/She must be conversant in Accounting Packages application including Epicor;
• Knowledge of IPSAS and experience in preparation of Financial Statement using IPSAS Standard;
• Capacity of working with minimal supervision and strong interpersonal skills;
• Experience in donor funded projects;
• Good knowledge of English and Kiswahili both spoken and written and vi. Knowledge in government accounting is an added advantage.
• Applicant should not be above 50 years.
• This Post offers an attractive package as per Donors scale.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania with an age not above 45 years of age except where specified; ;
ii. People with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply and should indicate clearly in the portal for Public Service Recruitment Secretariat attention;
iii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
iv. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
v. Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates:-
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
• Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
• Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable);
• Birth certificate;
vi. Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted:-
Form IV and form VI results slips;
Testimonials and all Partial transcripts;
vii. An applicant must upload recent Passport Size Photo in the Recruitment Portal;
viii. An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his application letter through his respective employer;
ix. An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
x. An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
xi. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
xii. Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
xiii. An applicant with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate;
xiv. A signed application lettershould be written either in Swahili or English andAddressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, P.O. Box 2320, Utumishi Building at University of Dodoma – Dr. Asha Rose Migiro Buildings – Dodoma.
xv. Deadline for application is 8th October, 2022;
xvii. Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.