3 Senior Accountants
Jobs at:Air Tanzania Company Limited (ATCL)
Deadline of this Job:
28 December 2021
Date Posted: Monday, December 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Air Tanzania Company Limited (ATCL) is making reforms in its structure, internal operations and staffing to accommodate business needs. Therefore, applications are invited from qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacant positions:
POSITION: SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (3 POSTS)
MINIMUM ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS AND WORKING EXPERIENCE
• Must have Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant qualifications from a recognized institution
• Must have at least five (5) years working experience .
• Must have relevant certification ie CPA or ACCA) and registered with NBAA
• Experience in airline accounting (BSP and ICH transactions) will be preferred.
• Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP and pivot tables will be preferred
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable, receivable, revenue, fixed assets and inventory,
• Produce weekly and monthly report of revenue, payable, receivable, fixed assets and inventory
• Summarize and analyses financial information
• Participate in financial standards setting and forecast process
• Prepare financial statements timely and submit to finance manager for review
• Design the frame-work of cost and financial accounts and prepare reports for routine financial and operational decision-making
• Prepare routine reports as well as reports for long-term decision-making and forward to Finance manager to take corrective action at the right time.
• Prepare management report timely and submit to Finance manager for review
• Ensure Compliance with tax related issues, tax audits and tax returns
• Provide support to internal and external audit assignments assign
• Prepare and update cash flows projection
• Support month-end and year-end close process
• Provide input into department's goal setting process
• Supervise, train and coach Assistant accountants reporting to you.
• Participate in department's goal setting process
• Advise Finance Manager on financial related issues, internal controls and reporting
• Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Ensure compliance with GAAP principles, IASS, IFRSs and IPSAS.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested applicants must submit a dully signed letter for consideration of the application attached with the following:
• A detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
• Certified copies of all certificates including secondary school), birth certificate and other relevant certificates/licenses. Applicants who have studied outside Tanzania should have their certificates approved by relevant authorities Tanzania Commission for University (TCU) or National Examination Council- NECTA)
• Two recent passport size photographs
• Name and address of at least two reputable referees;
• Applicant's reliable contact address, email address and telephone number
Note: Misrepresentation of qualifications or any other information on application shall warrant legal consequences
CLOSING DATES: The application letters should reach the undersigned within fourteen (14) days from the first date of this announcement.
The application letters should be directed to the following address:
MANAGING DIRECTOR AND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, AIR TANZANIA COMPANY LIMITED.
P.O. BOX 543 DAR ES SALAAM
13 December, 2021
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.