2 Finance Officers
Jobs at:The Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania (ELCT)
Deadline of this Job:
28 January 2022
Date Posted: Monday, January 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Jobholder will be responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate payment, receipt and recording of the program’s finances. Will facilitate preparing financial reports and maintaining records of assets, liabilities, revenue and expenditure, payments and other financial activities. S/he conducts regular checks of the internal controls, leads the preparation of the monthly accounts closure of the operation, and ensures that disbursements are in accordance with the budget and the projects financial rules.
• General accounting tasks, including reconciling and maintaining balance sheet accounts and general ledger operations, preparing journal entries, preparing monthly closing and financial reports, preparing account/bank reconciliation
• Ensure all expenses are within assigned project budget and verify the completeness of all required supporting documentation for all payments vouchers;
• Produce periodic financial reports and other financial documents for the management of the project in accordance with the prevailing policies and procedure
• Ensure timely and accurate monthly and year end closure of accounts, including bank reconciliation, and submit reports to the Senior Finance Officer as per prescribed deadlines
• Ensure account receivables and payables activities are performed accurately and timely;
• Assist the Finance Manager in reviewing budget proposals of sub-grantees and sub-contractors
• Ensure proper and complete documentation and filing for easy retrieval of all accounting related documents;
• Identify and provide feedback and suggestions to management related to improvements to the projects policies, procedures, processes and financial systems and related programs
• Ensure that financial transactions are properly updated and recorded
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or relevant field.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
• In-depth knowledge of financial regulations and accounting processes.
• Outstanding analytical and time management skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Email your application letter and resume with names of current three references and their contact information before the Application Deadline.
Applications should be sent by email only to the addresses below and should note the position title in the Subject Line:
The 3 Referees: These must include your current employer (if employed), your peer or immediate supervisor, and A same rank colleague or subordinate who can make a honest recommendation or reference for you.
All application should be sent to:
Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania
P.O. Box 3033
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.