2 Finance Assistants – Mobile Payment
Deadline of this Job:
24 October 2021
Date Posted: Monday, October 11, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job no: 495758
Work type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Tanzania – Dar es Salam
ICAP at Columbia University, a global health leader situated within the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health in New York City, seeks highly qualified candidates to serve as Finance Assistant – Mobile Payment based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
The Finance Assistant – Mobile Payments is responsible to ensure all received mobile payments are processed within a day and confirmation of payments is timely communicated to the field teams to inform participants on the status of their payments.
Position Title: Finance Assistant – Mobile Payment (2 positions)
Reports to: Finance Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dar es Salaam
Travel: Not required
Overall Job Function:
The Finance Assistant - Mobile Payments is responsible to ensure all received mobile payments are processed within a day and confirmation of payments is timely communicated to the field teams to inform participants on the status of their payments.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
• Work with admin team to receive and validate all mobile payments received and process for authorization.
• Ensure all the payments prior to authorization are also entered into QB and payment voucher with reference is generated.
• Work with Accountant - Banking to ensure the MPESA platform has enough cash balance to cater for payment needs and arrange the transfer in advance to avoid any disruption in operations.
• Assist in providing timely and accurate financial information for monthly management reporting.
• Assist to ensure finance reporting diary internally and externally is observed.
• Work with Senior Finance Manager in adding new Vodacom MPESA users or deletion or any exit from the platform.
• Train all staff in the central office and field office on proper use of MPESA.
• Point of contact for field offices, finance support and link with other finance staff on issues related to MPESA.
• Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
• Required Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting or finance
• Required Work Experience: Minimum 2 years’ accounting experience
• Preferred: CPA (T) certification (completed or in progress)
• Excellent knowledge of QuickBooks
• Working knowledge of tax laws and GAAP.
• Strong financial analysis skills.
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong organizational and stress management skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel
The position is contingent upon availability of grant funding. Columbia University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, gender, religion, creed, national and ethnic origin, age, citizenship, status as a perceived or actual victim of domestic violence, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a Vietnam era or disabled veteran, or any other legally protected status.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://icapacity.icap.columbia.edu/en-us/job/495758/finance-assistant-mobile-payment
The deadline for submitting the application is 24 October 2021.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.