Epcm Cost Controller
Jobs at:Seaowl Group
Deadline of this Job:
22 December 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The service holder shall control during the Execution Phase the Cost controls activities done by:
* EITS Package (Electrical, Instrumentation Controls and Telecom Systems)
* CFR Package (Carbon Footprint Reduction)
* EPcm Package (Engineering Procurement construction management)
* E&P-LLI (Engineering & Procurement – Long Lead Items)
The service holder shall assist the Package Managers and Leads in any decision related to planning issues, under the supervision of EPcmC Project Control Lead.
Month-end closure & Reporting
* Participate and drive Cost Control activities to comply with all deadlines defined in the Month-end closure schedule;
* Assist to ensure all accruals, timesheets and cost drivers for EITS / CFR / EPcm / E&P-LLI are available for posting within agreed deadlines;
* Produce cost reports and requests necessary corrections/improvements prior to their issuance to Budget Owners.
* Ensure the variance analysis to budget is insightful.
Budgeting & Forecasting
* Assist the Financial Control to coordinate the Cost Control activities and to deliver the data for the Annual Budget and each Rolling Forecasts, in close collaboration with Financial Planning and with HR (for headcount): schedule, process, templates, consolidation, comments and presentations;
* Challenge the relevance of expenditure forecasts submitted, verify the proposed allocations and seek cost optimizations;
* Consolidate the cost section of Budget presentations to Management and Shareholders, in compliance with guidelines and formats provided by Financial Planning;
* Where a Rolling Forecast shows an anticipated overrun of a Major Line Item by more than 10%, work with Financial Planning and Control and the relevant Budget Owner(s) either to propose a remediation plan or to submit a request for additional budget to Management.
Procure to Pay process
* Assist to Monitor performance of the Cost Control in processing Purchase Requests, Call-offs, 2 way matching invoices and FI invoices (via daily supervision and standardized reports).
* Maintain a process with Project Control & Contract teams to constantly minimize the number of open and inactive Purchase Orders, Work Orders and WBS elements;
* Maintain a strong relationship with Project Control & Contract teams to be aware of existing and upcoming supplier contracts.
* Promote good practices throughout the organization (e.g. no invoices received without PO, compliance with terms & conditions of the contract, approval of invoices in compliance with DOA, etc…).
Policies & Procedures
* Development and update all Cost Control related policies and procedures, ensuring that they meet accounting best practices, statutory requirements and changing business requirements;
* Continuously seek to optimize areas within Cost Control;
* Custodian of the Cost Control related policies and procedures on the CMS.
* Review and propose for approval all requests for WBS elements and Cost Centers, in line with EACOP procedure;
* Produce responses to audit queries related to CC issues, and resolution of audit exceptions (all stakeholders);
* Comply with provisions of contracts, JVA and Delegation of Authority;
* To participate to meetings with partners, authorities and other stakeholders as required.
* To adopt and demonstrate exemplary behavior with regard H3SE and H3SE rules implementation
* To adopt and demonstrate exemplary behavior with regard to Ethics and project “code of conduct” policy
* To carry out any other duties or tasks that may be required by the position.
Context & Environment
EACOP project includes a 1,445km 24” oil export pipeline, 8 above ground facilities, a green filed marine terminal with an export jetty and a serie of 60 main line block valves and +20 trace heating stations. 150km of feeder lines from Upstream facilities will tie-in to the EACOP project.
The project contracting strategy entails 8 main packages to be executed through 15 different main Contracts. An EPcmC Contractor is in charge of Detailed Engineering, Procurement and construction management support interfacing with all other Contractors.
EACOP direct personnel, including partners secondees will be more that 600 at peak periods during the execution phase of the project and up to 8,000 to 10,000 personnel, when including Contractors, expected to be mobilized across the various sites for construction activities.
The pipeline project will be the largest privately led wit h Government participation transnational infrastructureproject ever undertaken in the East African region.
The context is complex with numerous stakeholders, environmental and societal / local content stakes, three partners, two involved countries new to oil development (Uganda and Tanzania), and the need for project development in accordance with IFC standards to secure the necessary financing.
Duration / Location
* Starting date: 15/01/2023
* Duration: Project duration until start-up and close-out
* Location: EACOP office in Dar es Salaam, with missions to the site
* Status: Residential / Geographic single in first instance
Qualifications & Experience Required
* Degree: engineer (or equivalent formal qualification) in a recognized Engineering discipline.
* Minimum 10 – 20 years of experience in Oil & Gas industry with similar large-scale projects & environment, and broad project experience across all aspects of E&P in major project developments
* good knowledge of ERP tools like SAP or equivalent
* Ability to work in a multi-cultural business environment.
* Leadership, reliability and work confidentiality. Ability to work under pressure and stressing conditions.
Team spirit and adaptability to an international work context.
* Ability to plan / organize / coordinate and control.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills.
* Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
This job will be on Rotation basis
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.