Director - Audit / Accounting Background
Jobs at:NMB Bank Plc (NMB)
Deadline of this Job:
17 April 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
NMB Bank Plc (NMB) is the leading full service commercial bank in Tanzania. It provides banking services to a customer base reflective of Tanzania as a whole and this includes Government and state-owned institutions, large corporates and institutions, micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME), civil servants and salaried employees, farmers, and cooperatives, and reaches out to traders and the unbanked. NMB is seeking to recruit two (2) independent non-executive new directors to join the NMB Board who will represent the 21% public (independent) shareholders. The new Board Members will be expected to add value and expertise to help drive the continued growth of the Bank. The role of a Board member requires dynamism and dedication, with a proven track record in business development and leadership.
Roles And Duties
• Defining and reviewing organisational vision and mission from time to time in promoting long term shareholder value
• Determining and reviewing the business strategy, objectives, organizational structure and allocation of resources;
• Governing the bank by establishing and monitoring policies and establishing proper delegation of authorities;
• Selection, appointment, supporting, assessing and remunerating Executive Management (EM);
• To monitor the EM for their execution of policies, strategy and operations through setting clear goals; Determining proper financial management practices and approving the annual budget;
• Determining that adequate risk management practices are implemented;
• Monitoring compliance with the law, statutes and internal policies and relevant external regulations;
• The candidates should have a minimum of fifteen (15) years senior management experience preferably in the financial sector with at least five (5) years of those in the banking industry;
• They must also have worked in an audit/accounting firm.
• Previous Board membership experience, being a certified Director would be a definite advantage. Director - ICT background
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 156
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Email your CV and application letter to email@example.com stating the Reference Number 32383 in the subject line. To view the full job description go to www.radarrecruitment.co.tz and enter the Job Reference Number in the search field. The closing date for applications is Sunday 17th April2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.