Compliance and Internal Review Officer
Deadline of this Job:
25 October 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Compliance and Internal Review Officer – ACHIEVE Tanzania project
Reports To: Compliance and Internal Review Manager – ACHIEVE Tanzania project
Direct reports: None
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 50-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
ACHIEVE is a five-year, USAID-funded global cooperative agreement with the dual objectives of attaining and sustaining HIV epidemic control among at-risk and hard to reach pregnant and breastfeeding (PBF) women, infants, children, and youth, as well as to mitigate the impact of HIV/ AIDS and prevent HIV transmission among these populations; and supporting the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners in order to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners.
ACHIEVE is funded by USAID in Tanzania to implement a four-year activity (October 2020 to April 2024) which aims: (1) to improve national- and community-level social welfare systems in order to sustain support for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and families affected by HIV and (2) to strengthen the capacity of local organizations to deliver OVC services and (3) to deliver high-quality OVC services and DREAMS interventions for AGYW 9-14 years.
As a member of the Pact Tanzania/ACHIEVE project Tanzania team, the Compliance and Internal Review Officer, will support to enhance the compliance of the ACHIEVE project with ACHIEVE’s global and country-specific policies and procedures, donor rules and regulations, and host country laws. As guided by the Compliance and Internal Review Manager, the individual will help identify gaps, analyze causes, and work with project management to build the capacity of Pact Tanzania staff and local implementing partner (LIP) staff.
• With the guidance from the Compliance and Internal Review Manager - ACHIEVE Tanzania project, he/she participate in bi-weekly and monthly planning and conducting reviews of the ACHIEVE Tanzania project and LIPs and support to ensures all activities are compliant with rules and regulations set by the donor and Pact
• Support with conducting examination of supporting documents for ongoing technical and managerial project activities of the ACHIEVE Tanzania project
• Provide inputs on training materials, participate in training, coaching, and mentoring both Pact and ACHIEVE Tanzania project LIPs on the project/Pact and donor rules and regulations
• Prepares written reports of findings, including specific recommendations, actions taken, and lessons learned
• Conduct field visits to LIPs to review and support them on compliance issues as needed and as assigned by the Compliance and Internal Review Manager
• Conduct project real-time reviews of both project and LIPs operations, including, but not limited to procurement, forecasting, documentation, travel expense reimbursement, and cash management as guided by Compliance and Internal Review Manager
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Compliance and Internal Review Manager
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and Professional Accounting/Auditing Certification required. Higher Degree a plus.
• Minimum of 4 years of Audit experience of NGOs
• Experience in the financial management of US Government awards and/or sub-awards is a must, preferably USAID.
• Demonstrated experience with NGO accounting packages, in particular, IPSAS
• CPA(T)/CIA certification
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Fluent English and Swahili
• Maintains a respectful workplace by modeling respectful behavior and speaking up when disrespectful or
• inappropriate behavior occurs.
• Gives credit to and praises coworkers and others when warranted.
• Supports coworkers to express opinions and ideas and collaborates to help them implement these ideas.
• Reports all complaints of harassment, discrimination, or a hostile work environment.
• Ensures no one is marginalized, excluded, or left out.
• Is aware of body language, tone of voice, demeanor, and expression in all interactions at work.
• Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
• Is consistently honest and professional in all situations.
• Respects and maintains confidentiality.
• Tells the truth and is honest in all interactions.
• Keeps promises and commitments made to others.
• Does the right thing, even when it is difficult.
• Does not yield to pressure to show bias or manipulate others.
• Avoids situations and actions considered inappropriate or that present a conflict of interest.
• Takes responsibility for own work.
• Ability to sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with internal colleagues and contacts in donor and peer organizations
• Consistently works within internal processes and procedures
• Strong planning and time management skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to make a presentation
• Ability to problem-solve difficult issues
• Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities
• Good negotiating and conflict resolution skills
• Strong understanding of budgets
• Working knowledge and understanding of donor policies and regulations
• Competence in using common computer applications and internal system
• Strong experience and interest in how technology and systems can support internal control effectiveness and efficiency
• Solid understanding and experience with internal control frameworks
• Strong communication skills presenting internal control and risk matters in an understandable way across various forums and levels of the organization with the right level of detail.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including sound presentational skills
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and ability to work as part of a multi geographic team.
• Adaptable to working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
• Striving for continuous improvement and optimization
• Flexibility in resolving issues and addressing changing priorities
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.