Deadline of this Job:
09 October 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Group Compliance strives to be the most trusted and respected compliance practice in the financial services sector and our motto reflects that we are, Trusted, Visible and Respected within the Discovery Group. The success of Discovery is made possible by our great people. Our Group Compliance department is looking for a knowledgeable, self-starter to join the team as a Compliance Specialist to be responsible for the managing of compliance risks though the employ of policies and frameworks pertaining to regulatory obligations.
Areas of responsibility
The successful candidate will be required, primarily, but not limited to:
• Contribute to the development and implementation of the Compliance programme for Sales and Distribution
• Maintain compliance risk management frameworks,
• Define, assess, maintain and advise on the regulatory universe,
• Develop and facilitate compilation and review of compliance risk management plans,
• Conduct compliance monitoring,
• Compile and submit internal and external compliance reports, and
• Interact with industry regulators, supervisors and stakeholders as and when required.
Skills and Personal Attributes
• Detailed knowledge of local (South African) legislation relating to financial services and able to interpret and apply legislation, including, but not limited to the following: FAIS, Protection of Personal Information Act, Insurance Act.
• Sound understanding of Compliance methodology, working knowledge of all elements comprising.
• Writes in a well-structured and logical way – must have ability to write and review compliance policies and draft compliance guidance notes and reports with detail required to inform the business of regulatory requirements and potential impacts
• Strong listening, organisational and communication skills and able to think in an analytical and conceptual manner.
• Efficient time management skills, including quick turnaround time on quality work
• Able to work well under pressure
Education and Experience
• Relevant tertiary education
• Post-graduate qualification in Compliance Management (advantageous)
• At least five to eight years’ experience within a compliance environment with working knowledge of laws, regulations and codes impacting a group of companies operating in several jurisdictions.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.