Volunteer Finance Officer
Deadline of this Job:
20 September 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities
• Keeping accurate records for all daily transactions
• Preparing balance sheets
• Record accounts payable and accounts receivable
• Assist with budget preparation
• Managing records, invoices and receipts
• Reconciling bank statements daily, monthly and yearly transactions
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
• Review and implement financial policies
• Participate in financial audits
Qualifications and Competencies/Attributes
The volunteer is expected to have, but not limited to the following qualities;
• Good communication skills (verbal & written), time manager and excellent attention to details.
• Computer literacy, expert on Ms. applications especially word and Excel
• Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team building, organizational and communication skills (written and oral).
• Innovative, flexible, disciplined, goal-oriented and willing to learn.
• Ability to learn quickly, deliver results, meet deadlines, and manage time effectively under pressure, well-organized.
Required Experience Education:
• University Degree in Finance or Accounting or related field.
• Experience with different accounting software.
• Proven track-record of financial management for non-for profit organizations.
• At least one-year previous volunteer experience within a similar position, preferably working with NGOs.
• Experience of grant and contract management desirable
This is a volunteer role. The office will only offer: –
• Office space with basic furniture to work on.
• Activity-specific materials and stationeries.
• Communication support for liaison with other stakeholders.
• Platform for learning (including employment network support and coaching for interviewing)
Note: Mydia-tz is a small organization and works with different stakeholders on voluntary bases. While we value our tireless efforts provided by our volunteers, Mydia-tz is un-able to pay for salaries nor allowances due to budgetary constraints, unless for a staff working specifically on a funded project.
• Preference will be given to applicants who are residents of Kasulu town in Kigoma region – Tanzania, or those who can accommodate and sustain life themselves in Kasulu town.
Qualified women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All applications should be addressed to:
MANLUKU YOUTH DEVELOPMEMNT INTIATIVES – TANZANIA (Mydia-tz)
Kasulu town, kwa shayo street,
P O. Box 416,
Kasulu, Kigoma – Tanzania
Send your application before or by 20th September 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.