The Junior Accountant
Jobs at:Research Triangle Institute (RTI)
Deadline of this Job:
04 May 2022
Date Posted: Monday, April 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Junior Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day accounting functions of the Project. The candidate will utilize the appropriate systems (payroll, cash management, vendor payments, budgeting) and follow proper accounting procedures to disburse, account for, and report usage of funds.
• Process payments for staff travel advances, ensuring advances are liquidated on time and accurately.
• Prepare payment vouchers in support of payments for project activities and supplier's invoices.
• Confirm payments are made in accordance with RTI and USAID procedures and policies, and are accurate, complete, and supported by all underlying appropriate documents, correctly coded to appropriate expenses and tracking code and charge codes.
• Raise journal vouchers or/and share journals with Finance Manager for necessary review and approval.
• Provide support to compile and submit the monthly financial reports package.
• Address monthly financial reports review, and questions or comments related to travel and activity advances and respective liquidations.
• Review sub-grantees financial documents, including budgets and supporting financial documentation, in consultation with the Grants Manager.
• Assist in the compilation of pretty cash records and conduct surprise/monthly petty cash counts.
• Make payments to workshop participants (including travel and meals refunds) as designated by the supervisor.
Minimum Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance related field with 1 year of experience or Diploma with 3 years of experience or equivalent combination of both the academic and professional experience in relevant professional fields.
• Preferred experience and knowledge of USAID accounting policies and procedures.
• Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Ability to work well with others.
• Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work independently.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Proficiency in English is required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates may apply directly on RTI's careers site or submit an updated CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference the position title in subject line.
The deadline for submitting application is 4th May 2022. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.