Jobs at:JTI Japan Tobacco International
Deadline of this Job:
15 March 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, March 02, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
What this position is about – Purpose:
Supervise all tax-related matters for the company and ensure tax compliance while effectively supporting the business. As a senior member of the local finance team, the incumbent will be required to interact on strategic matters and direction-making to ensure alignment is reached with RTD/Treasury/GM/CFO.
What will you do – Responsibilities?
• To ensure full compliance with statutory tax legislation. That is, ensuring that tax returns and tax payments are correctly prepared and submitted to the revenue authority on time, precise taxes are paid on time, etc. to avoid penalties and other non-compliance risk exposures. This involves observing statutory tax deadlines and proper interpretation of the provisions of the laws
• To monitor month-end closing schedules and clearance for all tax accounts and in all ledgers (IFRS, Statutory, and tax). Review of taxes and completion of GL tax accounts and tax stamps reconciliations on time, communicate and suggest rectification measures of any abnormally discovered to responsible staff for rectification of the abnormally
• Assisting regarding tax risk management and reporting, including but not limited to support on tax provisioning, Q-tax packs, Entity Tax Compliance Reporting, uncertain tax position, and keeping the indirect tax manual and Internal controls up to date
• Assisting Tax and Treasury manager in providing tax advice to the business with reference to the laws and regulations issued by the government. Keep track of industry trends and changes related to taxes
• Maintaining a good relationship with TRA and handling various Tax audits as they may arise from time to time.
Whom are we looking for – Requirements:
• University Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration with relevant Tax, Treasury, and Accounting qualifications
• 2-4 years)
• Fluent in English and local language(s): verbal and written
• Effective communication skills in English
• Sound knowledge of tax laws and regulations. Excellent user of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and SAP.
• Business knowledge in the FMCG industry
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and Qualified, Click Here To Apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.