Vacancy title: Tax Specialist[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Manufacturing , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:AB InBev / TBL PLC
Deadline of this Job:
17 October 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Dreaming big is in our DNA. Brewing the world’s most loved beers and creating meaningful experiences is what inspires us. We are owners, empowered to lead real change, deliver on tough challenges, and take accountability for the results. We are looking for talent that shares these values, that is ambitious, bold & resilient. We want talent that is looking for fast career growth, cross-functional experiences, global exposure and robust training & development.
The key purpose of this role is to be responsible for all operational tax matters of the businesses within the Tanzania Business unit.
Key outputs and responsibilities:
• The role will entail taking compliance responsibility for all operational country-related tax matters (including Income Tax and local TP requirements, Excise duties, VAT, WHT, Payroll taxes, Stamp duties and Customs duties).
• The incumbent will work with the Business Unit Southeast (BU) Tax Manager and the Zone tax team to implement all tax efficiency initiatives and will be required to focus on Cash Tax Reporting and tracking requirements per the AB InBev policy, as well as Cash Tax Efficiencies.
• To be the key tax interface for the BU Tax Manager and the Finance Manager/ Finance Director on all relevant tax matters.
• To provide tax leadership, guidance and support across all functions/ departments of the business.
• To provide general tax consulting and advice to the business and tax support on projects implemented within the country.
• Work with the BU Tax Manager to ensure appropriate structures and agreements are in place for the country.
• Develop and execute strategies to minimize tax liabilities and exposures across the business-unit with input from the Africa Zone tax department.
• Ensure the Country tax arrangements follow Ab InBev Global and Zone Tax policies and guidelines.
• Carry out regular operational tax reviews across the businesses units within the country and implement plans to close gaps arising from such reviews.
Key attributes and competencies:
• Pro-active and hands-on
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Degree in Accounting/Commerce/Tax/Economics/Actuarial Science and related fields
• Certified accountant – CPA/ACCA certification
• Relevant post grad Tax qualification
• At least 4 years’ experience in international tax arena, with specific emphasis on tax accounting/reporting and relevant on the ground Tanzania/ Africa tax experience in both international direct and indirect taxes.
Direct reports (solid line):
• Finance Manager/ Director
Dotted line reports:
AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality. Internal applicants require Line manager approval. Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for short-listing. Interested candidates who meet the above specifications may apply no later than the 17th of October 2022.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.