Jobs at:Tanzania Commercial Bank
Deadline of this Job:
03 September 2023
Date Posted: Sunday, March 05, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Tanzania Commercial Bank seeks to appoint dedicated, self-motivated and highly organized Application Support Officer – (1 position) to join the Directorate of Technology and Operation
DIRECT REPORTING LINE: Chief Manager Application Support and Operations
LOCATION: Directorate of Technology and Operations Head Office Dar es Salaam
WORK SCHEDULE: As per Tanzania Commercial Bank Staff regulations
DIVISION: Help Desk
• He/she will be responsible for support and troubleshooting of TCB Networks, Applications, Hardware, Wide Area Network (VPN/WAN), Servers and Domain controllers, all other networked hardware including the branch Networks to meet the TCB Network standards, demands and deadlines.
• Ability to render assistance on ICT Networks security implementations, ensure the network is properly maintained by use of properly configured routers, switches, firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems and Domain Controllers.
• To support end users and coordinate, guide and prepare standards to ensure reliability and availability of individual systems.
• To support all in place aspects of information systems security, by ensuring that they are operational.
• To support implementation of the system/level controls and maintain system documentation.
• To assist the Chief Manager on day to day issues of managing TCB’s infrastructure which include Network, Hardware and Software.
• Assist to maintain dynamic Network and its hardware configuration database by collecting, adding, removing or updating approved configuration unit changes (PCs, Printers, Servers, modems, wireless terminals, etc.) and maintaining documentation of new and existing network infrastructure.
• Assist in maintenance of data centre resources as a result of reducing server risk by identifying, quantifying, documenting and escalating issues that may lead to Data centre non-availability.
• Support working with vendors, service providers and other technology groups to resolve problems;
• Provide support to Help-Desk and other support officers on LAN/WAN, servers, PCs, printers, scanners, availability calls.
• Providing the support for domain administration tasks as required by the bank’s security policies, performance requirements and industrial best practices.
• Assist and support of appropriate server backup methodologies and technologies.
• Participate in ensuring high availability of production IBM infrastructure and servers by direct use of and implementation of various IBM technologies and supporting methodologies.
• To assist in the development and implementation of system policies, procedures, standards and controls to ensure data accuracy and security that they comply with the legal and regulatory requirements.
• To ensure that TCB ICT complies with existing ICT-Policies, procedures and processes requirements and embed Risk Management principles within its operations.
• Work with other Directorates and section within ICT to facilitate preparation and simulation of disaster recovery action plan for Business Continuity on hardware, software and networks’ availability as well as other systems that depend on them.
• To provide adequate support in the maintenance of the network infrastructure.
• To support routine ICT tasks including Night Processing, systems’ users access administration, regular ICT maintenance services and Standby Support.
• Assist in maintaining and providing support to the DRS systems that are operational and available.
• Assist in implementation and support of power systems to make sure that the data centre and DRS system can be supported by the power standby system (UPS) within a certain time period which allows graceful shutdown of servers and peripherals to avoid damages during power outages.
• Assist in implementation and support of security systems at both data centres and branches these include CCTV, intruder alarms, access controllers physically and logically, should assure that at all times they are working and provides reports when needed.
• Contribute to Risk (fraud) identification and mitigation methods by following Risk and ICT standards and practices for risk management
• Recommend ICT cost reduction strategies by analysing IT service cost structures.
• To provide training to staff in use of network services, e-mail, internet, VoIP and other administrative systems.
• To do any other job as may be assigned from time to time.
• Customer satisfaction as a result of high systems availability
• Business growth and profitability as evidenced by attaining budget figures on revenue
• Improve operational costs by supporting systems for stability, robust and high efficient systems.
• Minimization of fraud and risks as a result of secure systems
• Holder of bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science/Information Systems from any recognized University or equivalent with at least 3 years’ experience Technical support. Also should have experience of working in Linux (Red-Hat), MS-Windows Servers, MS-Windows Desktops, IBM AIX, MySQL and/or other UNIX environments.
• Possession of Masters in Computer Science and qualifications within finance, accounting, banking or background in banking environment will be added advantages.
The position will attract a competitive salary package, which include benefits.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Apply at https://www.tcbbank.co.tz/careers
Applications via other methods will not be considered. Applicants need to fill their personal information, academic certificates and work experiences and also submit the application letter. Other credentials will have to be submitted during the interview for authentic check and other administrative measures.
Tanzania Commercial Bank has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management. Late applications will not be considered.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.