Specialist – Tax
Jobs at:Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, May 20 2023
Date Posted: Monday, May 08 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Tax Specialist to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and ensure supervision and oversee Tax Management for Barrick Tanzania entities to ensure Effective Tax Compliance, manage relationship with internal and external stakeholders and ensure no tax exposure to the Barrick companies in Tanzania.
• Monthly preparation of Value Added Tax (VAT) returns and Withholding Tax Returns
• Ensure prompt payment of the taxes, duties and levies such as Withholding Tax, VAT, Service Levy
• Preparation of month- end reports and quarterly reports
• Perform monthly Tax Accounts Reconciliation such as VAT and Withholding Tax
• Reconciliation to General Ledger balances
• Compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Audits
• Quarterly review of contributions made to National Social Security Fund (NSSF) to ensure prompt application of refund claims
• Preparation of Monthly update of Sustainability Reports
• Monthly update of the Tax Contribution Reports
• Oversee audits of VAT refunds with the auditors on monthly basis
• Ensure prompt application of VAT refunds claims with the TRA and manage VAT refunds audits by the TRA.
• Assist with the TRA audits including prompt provision of information and response to queries from the TRA.
• Follow up with TRA and any other government agencies for outstanding tax issues
• Assist with preparation of Tanzania Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (TEITI) reports
• Assist with any other government related audits such as Mining Commission
• Work closely with other departments such as Supply Chain, Account Payable, Legal, HR to ensure tax compliance.
• Prompt communication to different departments within Barrick on tax changes
• Supervise tax visits to the mines from different Government Departments
• Graduate Degree in Taxation, Accounting or Law,
• Professional qualification in Accounting/Taxation/Law.
• Minimum 3-4 years of experience in Finance or Tax Management
• SAP knowledge will be added advantage
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
• Fluent in Microsoft Office
• Effective Communication
• Interpersonal Skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.