Jobs at:Danish Refugee Council
Deadline of this Job:
08 December 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Overall purpose of the role: The Social worker (case management) works as part of DRC’s team under the direct supervision of the Protection team leader and guidance support of the Protection coordinator. The role is based in Kasulu/Kibondo and shall conduct regular field visits to the host villages near by Nyarugusu and Nduta refugee camp. The Social worker (case management) will be responsible to handle child protection activities including case management, referral pathway, parenting and linkages based on standard operating procedures (SOPs) and other job -aids that facilitate holistic case management at household and community level. Program Responsibilities
• Manage child protection cases in line with SOPs
• Adhere to standard documentation processes and follow best practice guidance
• Identify individual cases through regular presence in the community and accept referrals from other agencies and community partners
• Conduct initial rapid assessments for CP case and prioritize them accordingly
• Collaborate with case management officer in developing case plans that respond to needs addressed in initial and comprehensive assessments
• Support individual cases and provide regular monitoring of all aspects of case management services
• Regular follow up to ensure all service and action points listed in the case plan are carried out within agreed time-frames
• Daily registration of newly identified and other follow up and case management related updates in the CPIMS+ system with relevance to physical files.
• Ensure that DRC global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principle and requirements of the policy including relevant implementation standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and DRC Code of Conduct (CoC), and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
• Maintain a database of children identified, assessed and supported with services within the camp
• Conduct any other related activities as deemed necessary by the Child Protection sector that may arise from time to time. Experience and technical competencies:
• At least 1 year of professional experience in child Protection, social work in humanitarian or development programming.
• Knowledge and experience in working with national government and devolved units.
• Knowledge of database use and management.
• Excellent writing and editing skills in English for external audiences (including governments and donors).
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Good personal organizational skills, including time management, team work, ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure with minimal supervision. Education: Bachelor’s degree international relations, social science, law, development or a relevant field in well recognized college or university (preferred)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.