Seniorc Accounting Officer
Jobs at:Good Neighbors
Deadline of this Job:
31 May 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Perform a variety of activities in accordance with accounting principles and standards to control the organization's financial resources and ensure that it complies with all relevant regulations, laws and reporting requirements. Follow established procedures and guidelines to accurately maintain the organization's financial records and transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Financial Management.
• Recording monthly financial report income and expenditures in Online Quick book file for every week
• Preparation of the Monthly Execution which comprises (Budget Vs Expenditure etc) and Year End
• Financial Report every month before due date.
• Prepare KOICA and CDP monthly administration budget requests and final spending through
• Docswave as per Budget Plan.
• Review day to day of Budget request and Final Spending of the all departmental of the KOICA expenditures.
• Prepare KOICA and CDP Bank payment voucher (BPV) in separate number of every project
• appropriately with supporting document through Docswave.
• Writing Bank Income Voucher (BIV) for all funds received by KOICA for respective bank account on every month.
• Establish and implement financial procedures in line with organizational requirements.
• Documentation all KOICA and CDP spending, filling in chronological order.
• To support with the preparation of audit files, during audits, liaise with staff and auditors during
• the process and help prepare supporting documentation
• Participate in preparation for external audits and review of various account balances, schedules
• and submitting all relevant information to the auditors in a timely and accurate manner.
• Any other related office duties as may be assigned by the authority including finance work.
• HR Management
• Prepare the monthly payroll, including the reviewing of overtime claims forms and ensure that all overtime claims are accurate and any increment arised and in line with the organization's
• processes and procedures and ensure they are reflected on monthly payroll through Aruti system every month.
• Prepare KOICA and CDP monthly payroll budget request as well as taking pension contribution to government authority. Produce financial and budget reports, develop procedures and guidelines for all activities, monitor
• project budgets, maintain accurate financial records on project activities, and monitor
• transactions to ensure compliance with GNTZ regulations
• Ensure all the compliance tax fee well prepared of withholding fee and returns (bi annually and
• annually) to be submitted to TRA and OSHA, WCF and Social Security.
• Ensure all the filling documents for the statutory deduction are well kept.
• Make sure Inbound and Outbound letter are well kept.
• Ensure that the project operations are in compliance with all GNI policies and procedures.
• Train project staff on relevant policies and procedures;
• Perform duties according to the organization values and ethical conducts
• Any other related office duties as may be assigned by the authority
Competencies and Qualification
• Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance, or similar field of study;
• Minimum of 5 years professional relevant experience with accounting, administration, finance
• analysis and finance reporting
• Excellent knowledge and skills of accounting software's, Quick Book package and Excel.
• Previous experience and understanding of KOICA funded projects will be added advantage
• Excellent skills in use of Microsoft Excel, MS word and Power Point
• Fluency in both English and Kiswahili.
• Ability to prioritize and schedule work
• Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written.
• Team supervision and excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work in an international and multi-national environment.
• Well-organized, resourceful with good planning and problem-solving abilities.
• A team player, flexible, quick-thinking and able to work well under pressure. (Ability to meet
• multiple deadlines.)
• Commitment to the Organization vision, mission, values and goals.
• Commitment to abide by Good Neighbors Tanzania Staff Terms and Regulations.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to send their applications with an enclosed Cover
addresses (postal, email, phone); together with names and active contact details of three
Deadline for application is not later than 31:st: May, 2022.:
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and emails.
interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.
The application should be addressed to
P. O. Box 367
Good Neighbors Tanzania,
Plot No. 493, Block KV,
3rd Floor of the Olympic Petroleum Building located at Ghana Area,
Mwanza Tanzania through
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.