Senior Technical Advisor, Community Engagement (COVID 19)
Jobs at:FHI 367
Deadline of this Job:
31 May 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Overseeing and coordinating community-based activities to reach KVP with HIV prevention and other services to reduce their vulnerability to HIV, COVID-19 and other infections. Serving as lead technical expert responsible for all activities within communities to generate demand for services, creating safer environments for KVP, and addressing structural drivers and contextual factors that place vulnerable groups at risk of HIV, COVID and gender-based violence (GBV). Also ensuring all activities reaching KVP are implemented in line with GoT, USAID/PEPFAR and EpiC guidelines and standards.
• Oversee the design and implementation of comprehensive strategies for reaching KVP and AGYW and generating demand for services, including peer navigation, strategic behavior change communication and other effective strategies for reaching vulnerable groups.
• Support capacity of local community-based implementing partners in identifying and engagement KVP who are most vulnerable to HIV, COVID-19 and other infections through the application of individual vulnerability tools, peer navigation, and identification of safe spaces.
• Build capacity of local community-based implementing partners to conduct outreach to KVP, strengthen demand generation and service provision for these groups.
• Liaise with GoT counterparts, service providers, implementing partners and stakeholders to ensure activities are well-coordinated with other national and regional programs.
• Ensure KVP and AGYW strategies are in alignment with USAID/PEPFAR, GoT and EpiC standards, protocols and guidelines.
• Develop and/or contribute to technical briefs, reports, guidelines and other materials.
• Other duties as assigned
• Medical degree with 5 to 7 years of relevant experience working with KVP groups at the community level; or Master’s degree in public health, social work with 7 to 9 years of relevant experience or Bachelor’s degree with 9-11 yrs similar experience.
• Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with the national KVP, youth and gender guidelines, standards, and protocols.
• Familiarity with Tanzania public health sector at multiple levels; experience working with GoT stakeholders.
• Familiarity and experience with USAID/PEPFAR-funded programs.
• Experience in programs serving KVP and addressing gender norms. Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of KVP and other vulnerable groups.
• Experience in technical capacity building of Tanzanian non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and community-based organizations (CBOs), especially those working with vulnerable populations.
• Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
• High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
• Well-developed computer skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/FHI_360_External_Career_Portal/job/Senior-Technical-Advisor--Community-Engagement--COVID-19-_Requisition-2022200949/apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.