Vacancy title: Senior Specialist, Public Finance Management (PFM) Systems[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Professional Services , Category: Finance, Insurance & Real Estate ]
Jobs at:Abt Associates
Deadline of this Job:
12 November 2022
Date Posted: Friday, October 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Public Sector Systems Strengthening Plus (PS3+) supports the Government of Tanzania (GOT) to institutionalize public sector systems that are responsive to citizens’ needs for quality services at the local level, particularly for underserved populations. PS3+ builds on the work done under its predecessor, the PS3 project, and continues to strengthen public sector systems in Tanzania by improving the quality, delivery, and use of public services. PS3+ works with regional and local government authority (LGA) systems across sectors to promote the delivery of quality essential services, equity and responsiveness, transparency and accountability, and facility autonomy to raise and allocate resources. This efforts support Tanzania’s journey to self-reliance.
One of the areas that PS3+ is supporting is the strengthening of public financial management (PFM) systems used by Local Government Authorities, frontline service providers and lower-level governments to ensure prudence in the use of public funds. PS3+ supports the GOT to improve efficiency in revenue collection, planning and budgeting and expenditure management across these different levels of government. The PS3+ project is also designed to institutionalize and build the capacity and commitment of GOT partners to ensure sustained use of these strengthened systems beyond the life of the project.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The Senior Specialist Public Financial Management Systems will lead the implementation of public financial management strengthening interventions supported by PS3+ as follows:
• Provide innovative approaches to institutionalizing public financial management strengthening within the government
• Support the government to establish effective systems to monitor the use of PFM systems
• Provide technical support to institutionalize the “Direct Facility Financing (DFF) Management Framework” in procurement and management of funds transferred to facility bank accounts, including support for appropriate policy establishment.
• Support capacity building through training and mentoring across LGAs to audit performance
• Support institutionalization of PFM-related training (e.g., IPSAS module) into Distance Learning for the benefit of both LGAs and Central Government
• Participate in PFM meetings with other development partners (DPs) who are implementing PFM related interventions to foster PS3+ collaboration
• Support use of FFARS and PlanRep at villages/mtaa and wards
• Provide support to strengthening internal audit capacity at LGAs and central level in collaboration with GOT and other implementing and development partners
• Provide technical support in building the capacity to analyze data across different levels of government using strengthened PFM systems,
• Provide technical support to improve visibility of PFM data into the integrated Monitoring and Evaluation System (iMES),
• Write and submit report based on PS3+ project reporting circles
• Support other duties that will be necessary during PS3+ as assigned by PS3+ management
• Degree (Masters or PhD) in Public Finance, Economics, public financial management
• CPA (T) or ACCA qualifications
• At least 7 years of experience in developing financial management systems and/or providing financial management technical support to lower-level government (LLG)
• Good knowledge of public financial management systems used at Local Government level, lower-level governments and facility level (e.g. PlanRep, MUSE, FFARS and LGRCIS)
• Experience in providing technical support to improve Audit Performance at Local Government Authorities in Tanzania
• Good knowledge of direct facility financing (DFF)
• Must be conversant with rules and regulations governing use of funds in Tanzania
• Good report writing skills
Bachelor’s Degree + Nine years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Seven years of relevant experience, or PhD + Four years of relevant experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 108
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.