Senior SAP Solutions Development Officer (Finance & Treasury)
Jobs at:African Development Bank
Deadline of this Job:
29 April 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Under the guidance of the Manager of the Business Solution Development & Program Management Division (CHIS.1), the Specialist performs systems configuration, development, and maintenance work in all phases of applications life cycle for the ERP system from business process analysis, process design through testing, implementation, and support primarily in Financial Accounting, Treasury & Financial Integrations.The Specialist performs functional requirement analysis, functional configurations on Finance & Treasury modules, develops technical specifications, performs application development and unit testing. This includes custom solutions identified along with associated forms, reports, and data views. In addition, this role enables user acceptance testing, develops technical and use documentation, and provides second level technical support in coordination with internal and external partners.
• Under the supervision and guidance of the Division Manager, CHIS.1, the key duties and responsibilities of the Senior SAP Solutions Development Officer (Finance and Treasury) are to:
• Perform functional requirement analysis, Functional Configurations on SAP Finance Module, ABAP(RICEFWS), FIORI UI5, O-Data Services, Webservices, REST & SOAP development and maintenance in S4 HANA ERP system and related interfaces primarily in the areas of financial accounting, vendor payments, Asset accounting modules along with integration with other financial modules, human resources, payroll, and travel.
• Produce technical specifications and documentation that includes impact analysis, test cases, object dependencies, performance testing and risk analysis. Creates solutions for business and technical problems identified, in accordance with industry standards and African Development Bank resources, rules and regulations.
• Perform system maintenance and production support to SAP Finance application systems and Treasury Applications such as Foreign Currency Revaluations (FCV), Accounts Payable (Vendor payments), Asset accounting, Release paths for financial document postings, Payment Proposals, Bank Communication Manager etc. and related interfaces such as Nakisa Integrations for Asset accounting, Concur integrations for Travel postings etc.
• Keep abreast of developments within the area of technology advancements in the Financial Technology (FinTech) especially SAP S4HANA, under the guidance of the supervisor. Creates prototypes and proof of concepts as identified to enable decision making.
• In coordination with application development teams, align, and contribute to design, development, and documentation standards.
• Act as a back-up resource person for other functional areas in the team as and when required.
• Provide support for application development in business areas outside of finance and treasury as required based on priorities.
• Perform any other relevant duties assigned by the supervisor.
Competencies (skills, experience and knowledge):
• At least Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Development or related business fields.
• At least five (5) years’ experience in SAP ABAP development with at least three (3) years’ experience in SAP S/4 HANA.
• Experience of working in a large and complex organization.
• Excellent knowledge of SAP configuration and development methods and disciplines.
• Full end to end understanding of SAP implementations, development, quality, and production environments in SAP related competencies such as SAP ABAP (RICEF), Workflow, SAP NetWeaver Gateway, FIORI & UI5 in ECC 6.0 and S/4 HANA.
• Understanding of relational databases, data storage, and SQL concepts. Understanding of data structures and data objects.
• Development Experience in SAP Finance (FI) and Treasury modules.
• Good understanding and functional experience in Financial integrations with other SAP and NON-SAP modules will be added advantage.
• Knowledge in other SAP Modules, non-SAP applications and different technologies will be an added advantage.
• ABAP Certification a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
• Knowledge of the Bank’s standard software: Excel, Word, Power Point, MS Project, Access, etc.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for further assessment will be contacted. Applicants should submit a concise Curriculum Vitae (CV) and any additional documents that may be stated as required. The President of the African Development Bank reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. http://www.afdb.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.