Senior Monitoring & Evaluation
Jobs at:Ifakara Health Institute
Deadline of this Job:
11 October 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support the MEL Director with the development of the M&E Plan and tools for the project.
• Ensure effective implementation of project monitoring and evaluation plan which entails collection of relevant data, management of the information and preparation of periodic reports.
• Coordinate the monitoring and evaluation of the TMSA activities, ensuring that outputs are provided to the project leadership in a timely way.
• Conduct training sessions for the program staff on the M&E aspects and information.
• Provide TMSA program staff with all necessary M&E inputs, including developing work plans and indicator frameworks.
• Conduct continuous monitoring, evaluations, and post-project evaluations for activities through field visits, meetings with stakeholders, interviews with beneficiaries, surveys and assessments.
• Maintain the established reporting system including databases (MSDQI, USAID-DIS, USAID GIS, etc) and support routine reporting.
• Work closely with TMSA field teams to generate council and component-specific (Malaria Case Management & MIP, TES, SBCC interventions, etc) monthly data summaries for project monitoring.
• Ensure data quality by conducting regular data verification, cleaning and data quality assessments on planned and on situational environments.
• In collaboration with TMSA field level officers coordinate and conduct regular data review meetings with counterparts at regional, council and facility levels.
• Collect, document and disseminate best practices and lessons learned from the implementation sites in collaboration with TMSA Knowledge Management & Communication Officer.
• Work with MEL Director to prepare project reports and trends analysis in summary form for quarterly monitoring forums and reporting.
• Establish proper filing and documentation of TMSA M&E data as per USAID’s data retention policy.
• Participate in and contribute to TMSA evaluations and special studies.
• Develop and upload quarterly reports to the donor database (USAID DIS) for verification and submission on time.
• Perform other activities as required by the MEL Director.
• Attend all relevant staff meetings.
• Participate in relevant HR and performance management processes.
Qualification and Experience
• Master’s degree in monitoring and evaluation, health informatics, computer science, demography, social science, statistics or any other related academic discipline.
• At least 5 years of hands-on experience in the monitoring and evaluation fields.
• Experience in working with malaria case management/surveillance interventions will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
• Strong data analysis, graphical data presentation, dissemination, report writing and publication skills.
• Experience in working in NGOs active in health-related services.
• Experience working with USAID-funded projects will be an added advantage.
• Familiarity with National Health Information Systems (HIS) especially DHIS2.
• Excellent analytical skills combined with a proactive, energetic approach to problem-solving.
• Excellent computer skills specifically with Ms. Excel, Ms. Access, PowerPoint presentation and Statistical Software (SPSS, STATA).
• Demonstrated skills in quantitative and qualitative data analysis, data management and report writing.
• Strong ability of writing and public speaking skills with good command of English and Swahili.
• Good interpersonal and people management skills, a team player and builder.
• Availability and willingness to travel up to 30% time.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
All e-mail application subject lines should include: TECHNICAL OFFICER – MALARIA IN PREGNANCY (CLINICIAN) – TMSA. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
The deadline for this application is 23:59hrs on Tuesday, October 11th, 2022
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.